Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I haven't been to the Soviva for some years but I believe it still has a superb pool area with water slides etc. which I'm sure your son will enjoy.

I appreciate you will be on a tight budget but it would be a pity to stay round the hotel the whole time so here are a few tips. Tunisia is the perfect place to haggle for the best prices, indeed in most places it is expected of you, except in shops which are clearly marked 'fixed price'.

Transport is cheap but with taxis always either ask the driver to put the meter on or get a price first - never more than 7 dinars from PEK to Sousse. "La, gahli barcha" means "No, too expensive".

Restaurants and cafes usually have a price list outside so you won't get any nasty shocks, otherwise always ask for a menu.

Never buy boat trips or excursions etc. from the hotel as you will get much better prices from the men on the beach, where not only will you be helping the local economy but you can often haggle a better deal.

I don't know how old your son is but there's a small zoo in PEK down by the port which people say is well worth a visit, despite its outward appearance (and very cheap). There is also a children's amusement park around there with rides.

Don't use your mobile phone to call home, or indeed the phone in the hotel. Public phones "Taxi Phone" are everywhere, clearly marked and as cheap as chips. You will usually find someone who can help you if you are having problems (remember that to call the UK you need to dial 0044 followed by the number but omitting the initial 0).

Electric sockets are the continental 2-pin type so remember to take a converter plug.

Take a stroll down to the port in PEK to people-watch and see boats from all over Europe (and often further afield). Go the other side away from the port and sit and have a coffee watching the musical fountain, particularly in the evening when it is lit up.

I hope you have a great holiday. Any specific questions just ask and I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you. :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.