Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
there are excellent local buses around Pafos and other main towns we never hire a car on Cyprus but will do the occasional organised trip and one of the nicest is the mountains and monastery trip
Depending on where you are staying there are local travel agents offering hire car and trips. Don't buy the overpriced ones offered by holiday operator. Car hire is reasonable, choice of vehicles, they expect you to haggle. Driving same side as UK, but beware Cypriots are impatient, they hoot you at traffic lights. Also beware of the guy on his mobile with other arm out of the window!! Roads are mainly very good. Drive up to Troodos is excellent, done it by various routes (motorway and 'A' roads through UK military base), both summer and winter.

Haven't been to Paphos for 4 years but companies around then were Nestor, Easy Car Hire, Micky's all located on or just off Poseidon Avenue (from harbour up to main hotels such as Amathus Beach). There was also one by Aloe Hotel, opp the unfinished Lion Resorts complex, can't remember the name. Bus service excellent. If you want any more info please ask.
Thanks both - I think I'm leaning towards the bus plus organised trips idea - we can always hire a car if we go another time.
Corinne76 wrote:
Thanks both - I think I'm leaning towards the bus plus organised trips idea - we can always hire a car if we go another time.

I would have suggested car but since you've already made up your mind, go for the organized trip. There is always a next time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.