DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Alpha Rooms
31 Posts
Hi Yorkshire rose Ive used alpha rooms for last couple of years wont be using them for next years holidays as they have gt really expense travel rebuplic.com seem the cheapest so far also Thomson's accommodation only
hi all regarding alpha rooms we have just ,with 4 weeks to go recieved an email off alpharooms informing us that they cannot give us our room which we have paid for in full and have offered us an inferior( in our opinion ) hotel .At the time of writing ive been on their site and found a short list of suitable substitute hotels ,will keep all on ht informed on our progress .What is really annoying is that we paid the balance only a week ago but lets not rubbish alpharooms and just wait and see their response
further to my previous post they didnt have anything suitable for us so we cancelled their alternative offer and today recieved a full refund .From my calls to a very indifferant sales advisor we were according to him lucky as we could have got to the hotel and then been told it was unavailable.We have travelled independantly for four years without a hitch and I might say that most of the trips were booked through alpharooms but never again ,in fact due to them losing our hotel we searched and found many more suitable hotels which were also cheaper than alpharooms.As ive said because we had had no previous problems with alpharooms and become lazy and not searched around enough Oh yes one other thing their sales advisor Dave flippantly told me that they were not abta bonded in fact his words "we are not regulated at all" food for thought eh
A hotel price comparison site;

http://www.hotelscomparison.com/

and don't forget the discount codes/sites.

Robby :wink:
Not wanting to sound as though I'm siding, it is worth remembering that at the end of the day, Alpharooms like many other accommodation providers, are just agents.

The hotel stock is not their's most of the time, so any problems with allocation are more likely to be because of overbooking by the property (to ensure they don't have unsold rooms) not Alpharooms themselves.

That said, a cruddy customer service attitude is nothing to be proud of. Maybe they need a refresher course.

Jazz
Why do they need your credit card details?

My husband has been rushed in to hospital with a cardiac condition, and Alpharooms have debited my credit card with 100% of the cost of the room which they say is not refundable. They say that they pay Holiday Inn for the room and then Holiday Inn are free to relet the room and profit from it twice. The hotel is full so they shoudl be able to relet the room. I am awaiting a reply from Holiday Inn regarding this.

There are plenty of sites offering the same hotels, but with cancellation available up to 24 hours before the booking, so in future I will book with more reputable sites.
AVOID ALPHA ROOMS : JUST READ THE REVIEWS. Google ALPHA ROOMS REVIEWS
Having Booked With ALPHA ROOMS for TWIN ROOMS In the Hotel Cinar Turkey (poor), We Decided to Change and Book Again at the Hotel Metin Same Resort. However On arrival At the Metin We Were Given a Single Room with a Double Bed & One Single. THIS NOT TWO ROOMS AS the Previous Hotel Accommodation (Status). WE ATTEMPTED AT HEAVY FINANCIAL COST TO CONTACT ALPHA ROOMS at their Emergency Number Given, It Cost us £35 in calls without getting through to a human being?. Because my wife and I had a female unrelated friend with us, and because we were not provided with two separate rooms (TWIN ROOMS) in the Metin Hotel, we had the embarrassing and difficult circumstances of non privacy, without adequate decency forced upon us.
This unavoidably in a ONE ROOM accommodation (1 Double & 1 Single Bed), being inadequate and compromising throughout the whole 8 days, causing deep distress and anxiety.
On our return ALPHA ROOMS Customer Service advised our complaint would be replied to within 28 days, then after chasing they informed us they did not accept email complaints. SO firstly we were missold by description accommodation, and then subsequently misrepresented with the form of complaint accepted. ALPHA ROOMS ARE a Bucket Type Outfit, Who Have No Adequate will or means of customer assistance, and try to side step any complaints made. I am going to issue a County Court Summons for the anxiety and miss selling. I would suggest this company is completely avoided, or you unfortunately may just find your self stranded, with a heavy financial cost. A POOR EXAMPLE OF A POOR COMPANY. Avoid at all costs...
I will never again book with Alpha rooms they have ruined a Hen night through a fault of there own, they have loaded the wrong link to the Marina Barracuda hotel in magaluf to another hotel the marina pax and now the hotel we want it fully booked. 3 of the 15 of us now have to stay next door and they wont let us use the allinclusive next door even though 2 people working at alpha rooms said we could as a good will gesture if we accepted the hotel next now an arrogant team manager i spoke to yesterday as they can only say sorry and that they havent done anything illegal as it states in the terms and conditions that these kinda things can happen. well im sorry but his sorry doesnt make my holiday any better they are now making me wait to here what is happening and ive spoke to 5 different having 5 different converstaions BIG WASTE OF TIME and would advise no one to book with this firm as they dont have the customers needs at heart.
Booked a hotel for next April and on checking my online bank account I see that they have debited my account twice for the holiday Yikes. Have sent an online message and will phone tomorrow. I hope that this is not a bad omen.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.