Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
HI just got back from Malta and I can add a couple of eateries

Carrubia in Marsaxlock. I had a 'special' of Lampuki (the local fish) All the other places I had seen it advertised it was between 11 and 14 euros. At The Carrubia they advertised at 7.50. I thought it would be a smaller portion and as I wanted a light lunch I ordered it. It was a large lampuki, a bowl of chips, salad, roasted potatoes and veg and half a large maltese loaf !!!!! As I only wanted a 'light' lunch i left the salad! :oops:

Incognito in Buggiba. Don't be put off by the bar area. The restaurant is round the side of it. The 3 course 'tourist menu' is excellent value for 10 euro

We also had snacks it the kiosks on the front of Buggiba/Qawra. For value for money you can't beat them. 1 euro each for a coffee, a beer, ftira, toasties etc.
one to try is venus in bugibba, excellent food at reasonable prices and not the usual chips with a side salad, the pork with a gorgeous sauce over mustard mash is a must

saint restaurant was ok nice tender fillet steak reasonably priced

granny fusions was ok nice curries as good as an indian and good brekkies

the place on the seafront with the green canvas roof i think was called georges very very cheap but really nice pizza and they also do a three
course meal with a glass of wine for 8 euros which looked good and was packed full of locals last night

also agree with earlier post the cabins along the seafront in bugibba are great value 2 large coffees, 2 rolls with side salad 4 euros bargain

one to miss in my opinion is wood hut food not that great, flies everywhere and only realised after i left i had been overcharged also heard others not happy with it
hermitage bar great fun especially friday and saturday nights very friendly and low priced drinks also cheap for food but we did'nt eat there so can't comment on the food :tup
Caesars at Portotomaso is good, abit dear though. my persoanl favourite all round has to be grannys in st pauls bay - not quite for everyone but it grew on me after going twice in a row. i also liked the turkish kebab place in bugibba.
Dolce Vita, Spinola Bay, St Julian's. Great view across the Bay from inside or from the outdoor terrace. Serving speciality Mediterranean seafood dishes. http://www.ladolcevita.com.mt
Da Pippo Restaurant, 136 Melita Street, Valletta, lunchtime only.Simple Maltese cooking, extremely popular — you need to book.
Giannini restaurant, fine dining, situated above St Michael's bastions, Valletta
Le Bistro by Radisson at Saint Julians is very good.
Paparazzi in Saint Julians as well
Temptasian at The Palace hotel.
Taragon at St. Paul's Bay is delicious!
Don Mesquita in Mdina - a small cafe/restaurant in Mdina serving delicious food - oops nearly forgot about the gorgeous wine :tup
Madame Ping's Chinese restaurant in Gozo. It is on the road to Xlendi just past Fontana. They do like and all you can eat buffet for a very reasonable price..and the food was just devine. I seem to think there was a Thai equivalent upstairs that they also owned.
Hi, what could you recommend in Mellieha for eating out with children?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.