Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I, unfortunately, booked through Holiday Autos and was supposed to collect the car from ATESA. On arrival they acknowledged my booking, but told me they didn't have a car for me and I should hire one elsewhere then re-claim the cost on my return to the UK!

Owners cars.com saved the day.

I'm still waiting a response from Holiday Autos after nearly three weeks.

Draw your own conclusions!
Justval wrote:
I have just checked out "Poppy Cars" and I must say I am impressed, a little Corsa for 3 days is just 100 Euro's...

Just to update , I'm out in menorca at the moment , and after reading several good reviews of Poppy Cars and nothing negative about them I decided to book 7 nights car hire through them .
Pre booked online and sent all info , no payment up front , arrived at the airport , saw long queues especially at owners cars desk , Avis and hertz were empty ( they would be at their prices) and we just made our way outside to the covered car park where me met Roger , he immediately summoned Pepe who packed the cases in the car while Sue completed all the paperwork and we were off in less than 5 mins , included was half a tank of fuel , and we return it empty , parked up in the same place and just walk off to catch our plane , as easy as that ! Lovely new car , clean and easy to drive ( except everythings the wrong way round , but they're all like that ) ;)
It is a 4 door Punto and cost 220 euros for 7 days . Plus 30 for fuel .

I have to say that Roger and Sue were very friendly and helpful and provided a very convenient service with a great personal touch , it just goes to show you can get great prices with a good quality product and excellent customer service included too .
Contact , Roger and Sue Evans at http://www.poppycars.com Top notch
Again , just to update , when I got home , I received a card from Roger and Sue from Poppycars thanking me for using their car hire , a really nice touch from a small independent business who obviously value their customers , very impressive and would thoroughly recommend them if you need car hire in Menorca .
andy66 wrote:
Again , just to update , when I got home , I received a card from Roger and Sue from Poppycars thanking me for using their car hire , a really nice touch from a small independent business who obviously value their customers , very impressive and would thoroughly recommend them if you need car hire in Menorca .

:tup good service Andy.
I would always recommend the smaller ex pat firms. Reliable honest and nothing is hidden
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.