Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Pernera is lovely, not as lively as Protaras and Ayia Napa, equally Paphos is nice but no beach to speak of. If staying at Pernera, look up the Pernera beach hotel. Been there 4 times and its right on the beach, everything you need is there. A bit like a small town, great walks along the prom, or cheap excellent buses. If you would like to do self catering, food is very reasonable on price and have set 3 course meals for around 10 Euros. Pernera beach and this area isnt rowdy at all and very friendly locals and lots to do if you are active. We went Sept, and it was still very hot, October is a lovely time to go.
I've been living in Cyprus as a permanent resident for 11yrs and although it's not may favourite place, I would possibly consider Paphos for the fact you want to walk to the centre within 15mins.

You could stay on Tombs of the Kings road or along the first part of Poseidonias Avenue (not past the Aliathon village) if you can walk for 15 mins and no further than the Elysium Hotel on (just off Tombs of the Kings road).

We live in Limassol and we do have a long stretch of coastline so difficult to walk the length of it but the beauty of our city is that it's in the most central position of the island and can be reached from either airport in no more than an hour by coach transfer. We now have a brand new marina and the promenade has also been renovated. We're an all year round resort so we don't close..... The east coast closes at the end of October once the main holiday season is over and Poseidonias Ave hotels do have a habit of closing which means the restaurants and cafe bars also close after the end of November in Paphos. If the season is quiet, they have no qualms about just shutting shop.

If you've never been to Cyprus before, please take a look at my online photograph albums which will give you an idea of what's on offer at various times of the year: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cypruspictures/sets/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.