Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Waterparks nearby... well there is a smaller one in Pernera near Protaras and the beaches in those areas are good. Then there is the biggest themed water park in Europe (I think it still is) in Ayia Napa and the beaches around there are also very good.

As for board basis it really depends on you, your party and your budget !

We first went in 2004 self catering and fell in love with the Island, going around looking at places to eat, picking and choosing, discovering new places, finding that this one does a special on a Wednesday, this place has a Cypriot night with dancing and music on a Friday etc... Being able to choose when and if we eat... not having to rush in a morning to get to the breakfast sitting and then thinking I'm not really hungry but I'd better eat some lunch now or its a long wait till dinner (tea where I come from)...
We did the same in later years and still loved the excitement and change, each year discovering new places and having different experiences etc..
Back in 2008 due to Cyprus going into the Euro, not being sure what it would do to the prices, what our budget could stretch to we booked All Inc (not done that since our children were small and they have grown up and moved out now) We booked the cheapest one we could find and ended up eating out (although the food wasn't bad, the drinks were "free" etc) as we still liked to roam around and see what else was on offer..
Earlier this year we went mad and booked 5 mights self catering in April... it was rather expensive due to most places being closed and those that were open being able to charge to cover their costs ! (we spent £500) now those prices have come down so self catering is our option... it might not be yours ...(if you are taking a family of "can I have a drink", "can I have a drink", "can I have a drink"....etc)

Steve
Thanks very much for the info, I think that we have now more or less decided on staying at the Tsokkos gardens complex on an AI basis and are going to book this through Directholidays.

I usually do DIY for Spain etc but am getting nowhere fast trying to price up for Cyprus so I think that going to an agent will be the best option.

Does anyone know if a trip(by ourselves are via the reps) to the Ayia napa waterpark can be done from the Tsokkos gardens complex?
stardust..
check the prices of A1 holidays and Fleetway holidays they apear to be comming up with reasonable prices [but they dont include transfers from PFO airport to Pafos town is about 35 euro each way] [or Lan to Protaras again allow around 30 euro each way]

yasus
wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.