Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
The Atlantica Bay hotel is adults only and is on the outskirts of Limassol on the seafront road. There is a good bus service into town. all buses in Cyprus cost €1 for a one way journey. The area surrounding Atlantica Bay is starting to be developed and there are many good returants and bars nearby.
The Atlantica Oasis has been completely refurbished in recent years and caters for families, although there is an adults only area. I have friends who stay there regualrly and they have no complaints about food or facilities. There are many good restaurants and bars nearby, and the bus is a few minutes walk away.
The St. George Hotel is out of Paphos towards Coral Bay, and there is a good bus service to Coral Bay and Paphos town and harbour.
There are some restaurants and shops nearby.
The Athena hotel is on the main tourist road and is in a row of many hotels. There are some bars and restaurants across the road, and also a bus service to Paphos harbour.
All hotels are of a good standard, so it does depend on the area you want to stay!
Carol
Thanks for the information Carol. I'm sure Tangobunny will appreciate it.

luci :wave
If you are doing the cruise and don't fancy the transfer to Paphos after it then choose Limassol.

St George's Hotel in Paphos is well along Coral Bay road and a long way out of the main harbour area/resort. I can't recall off the top of my head just whereabouts the Athena Beach is now. But, if it's anywhere near the Aliathon Resort or Alexander the Great hotel then you will be within walking distance of the harbour area. If it's on Coral Bay road then it's a bus or taxi ride.

My choice would most definitely be the Atlantica Oasis. It's in a good position set back a little from the main seafront road so as not to be disturbed by any traffic. There are lots of small bars and restaurants all within walking distance and the beach is just across the road if you can tear yourself away from the new pool area!

The bus stop is over the road for a visit to the Old Town and St Andrews shopping street (lots of work is underway around the Old Port area about 5km away as they're building a new marina with shops and apartments). If I recall, the Atlantica's used to run a bus service from the Oasis to the Bay hotel where you could use the beach there. Atlantica Bay is too far out of the resort of Limassol for my liking and is a chore having to take a bus or taxi anytime you want to head into town or find some kind of civilisation.

Enjoy!

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
The Athena Beach is even further along than St George, it's near where we stayed, Pafian Sun, and is about 2 mile away from Coral Bay.
we are going on the celebration in nov doing egypt/isreal etc and staying in the atlantic oasis so will be giving a report when i get back.. :tup
http://www.athena-cbh.com/home.php

The Athena Beach Hotel is NOT near Coral Bay, it is just where I described it!
Carol
Thank you Carol...that looks a lovely hotel....At the moment Thomson have hiked their prices up and started charging for the AI on board so we are waiting for a price drop
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.