Having gone primarily for my 50th birthday from May 18th until June 9th 2015. We stayed in a villa all 5 of us. We got this for a reasonable price of £450 per week (per week not per person) so cheap. It was looked after by our very good friend Panikos from the Fresh House Restaurant in Pernera. The villa belonged to his English friend in Birmingham.

WEATHER

Glorious, hot every day ranging from 28-35 degrees, but several days of very breezy weather.

THE EURO RATES

Please do not bother buying the Euro in the UK, when we were there it hovered between 1.35 and the best in Pernera was 1.39.5 from bootleggers.

Visitors

Not sure what is happening on this respect. Come on guys it is so CHEAP to eat in Cyprus, where can you buy a 3 course good meal for under a tenner which includes steak ! There is no need for all inclusive at all, we worked out at least a £1000 would be wasted as the hotels will charge you around this rate per family to upgrade to AI. Spirits and Keo/Heineken/Guinness all cheaper than the UK about £1.50 a pint. But despite the cheapness of the prices half the hotels were not full or even opened. Popular hotels like the Pernera beach (been 4 times here) is fantastic, all upgraded and swim up pools outside your room, they have changed it all up, can you warrant staying there over a villa, well i say no. Ridiculous prices for a family. Same as the golden coast, stayed here as well, beautiful and yes this and Pernera beach were full, again pay way way to much for all inclusive. The Livas, Windmills etc still good on self catering prices.

Not many tourists around at all, even when we hit June, it needs to pick up or else the locals will all disappear and all it will be is a sprawling mass of all inclusive hotels and nothing else. This is such a cheap option and fabulous weather and great for the kids young and old a like.

Eating out

As i already mentioned quite cheap in and around the Pernera and Protaras. Protaras was quite busy and beaches were full there, so night time eating prices are more expensive than Pernera. We ate our food at the fresh house in Pernera, the Mexican which was gorgeous (speedy Gonzalas) and Pinia fish restaurant, near the villa.

All in all had a fab time, the entertainment in Pernera especially the Ranch bar seems to have lost its spark a little, certainly no atmosphere and the same acts on, Elvis, the country girl, the blues brothers which were great and the soul man. Not sure why we didnt see, pink, Kylie, Robbie williams but maybe they cannot afford them, i have no idea. Koko's was nice for a drink, this has changed from my last visit, a lot quieter, Knights pub still as noisey as ever lol

Having been to Cyprus 9 times, to us Pernera always has the edge as it is family based and family owned restaurants, cheaper prices and great food and drink.

We hired 500cc sport quads for a few days, well worth doing just to find secluded spots to swim in the sea, went to see the sea caves at cape greco and went on the original tour bus to Varoosha and famagusta and waterworld.

Enjoy your holidays, any questions i will do my best to answer them.