General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Anywhere in Spain

Or there's always Newcastle :wink: :roll:

Robby
Prague without a doubt, it is great

Linda
For cost when you are there hotel/eating/sight Prague
It has to be Prague. Tourist honey pots can be expensive but just go round the corner and you'll still find cheap and good places to eat. It's certainly the most beautiful city in my books!
Thanks very much - I think it's gonna be Prague :D
I'm biassed! Try Alsace (Eastern France) based on Colmar or Strasbourg using Easyjet's flights to Basel as your gateway! Or Baden Baden in Germany - not particularly cheap but very different .... the hot thermal baths are great fun, and the cakes are out of this world!!!
:wave: Yep, Prague.
Budapest looks great, but I've not been there yet.
I'm currently trying to organize a trip to Rome, it's not that cheap but quite reasonable at this time of year.
Prague!!! Nothing compares to it!! (Must try Strasbourg though!!)
I liked Rome, Florence, Amsterdam

Didn't care much for Barcelona though.
Not sure where you live but with Easyjet and Ryanair adding more and more routes - a lot more of Europe is becoming easily and cheaply accessable.

I would too reccommend prague - it is stunning. We went two weeks before Christmas and although it was freezing I wouldn't want to go at any other time of year. The Xmas markets were fab and it seemed to be set like a picture postcard.

We are going to Sardinia for a long weekend in June (our 10th wedding anniversary) and got really cheap flights with Ryanair. We also loved Salzburg - but prague was definitely our favourite.
hey,

this is probably a bit of a useless post, but....

prague
then
barcelona
and then
amsterdam

as has been said before, prague is totally gorgeous! everything is within walking distance of the centre, it has the most beautiful buildings, cheap beer (if you know where to look!) and it's steeped in history.

but where ever you go - hope you have fun!
Not sure where you are in the country but I have been pricing Prague for an August Bank Holiday. Thomsonfly.com offered the cheapest flight for us from Doncaster/Sheffield airport Friday 9.50am flight and return Monday around 3pm £260 2 adults 1 child. Easyjet from Nottingham 7am flight (bit early) £340.

We found a nice 4 star hotel near castle and a suite for 3 nights B&B £360 for the 3 of us.
i would suggest Madrid or Barcelona , or even some of the less busy places in Spain like Seville , Valencia , San sebastian or Palma

as for nearer Prague , but itsgetting very busy nowadays , Bruges , Ghent ,and Antwerp , all can get to by eurostar ,

also even thou its gonna be cold Stockholm is brillaint and Rekjavik , teh same both gobnna be cold and are more expensive when you getthere but worth seeing and not as commercial as your Prague. Paris Rome etc
Slovenia
or slovakia

they are going to be the next pragues, both places are cheaper then prague and and the same feel

been to prague twice now, prefered the first time in the summer, nice place but wont return for a while, getting to busy and prices rising fast
I have been to prague and shown around for 3 days by a native.

It is an amazing place, and as reports suggest very competively priced , If you wander away from the tourist areas the prices are remarkable - 5 of us had lunch with lager , a tenner!!

I would steel away from the main drag and stay in the old town or up by the powder tower - the castle side may be a little too far out.

I have also been to Budapest , in my opinion this had a bit more history then Prague but was not as quaint.
Prices were very good even on the main drag.

A slight word of warning however - Prague seems to be a victim of its own success - we stayed wed/thurs but on friday morning and at the airport hoards of stag partys were arriving- If you want to view this beautiful city without numerous male flashers go midweek

I also love amsterdam but price wise I found it at the higher end and more of a bloke place.

Barcelona is very good - plenty to see
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.