Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Yes they announced this last year but deferred it to after the Xmas holidays. Posted Here
We are flying to the UK with Ryanair on the 20th so will experience this for the first time. Ever since they announced it I've been wondering whether it will delay the take off. Luckily on my last visit in Dec. I left toiletries and a change of clothes in the UK so will only take a small backpack with me this time, small enough to fit under the seat. We fly into Stansted and have had some really long waits for luggage in the past which is why we now just take a cabin sized case. It will be interesting to see how this new rule will affect flights. Of course we could pay for priority boarding, but at my local airport it's not worth it as we walk to the plane and everyone is released from the departure area at the same time. Just another way to obtain more money from customers I guess.
  • Edited by Judith 2018-01-09 16:43:12
We always book priority as only take cabin luggage & want to ensure we can take it onboard to avoid having to wait at the carousel.

Our local Airports so far have been good with a priority line, Malaga also good but returning from Fuerteventura I don't think they're bothered 😁. We aren't fussed at being first on the plane but do like to ensure we keep our luggage with us
we are flying with them for the first time in feb.... we actually planned on not putting our cases in the hold to save time, but i guess this has been taken out of our hands now (no pun intended lol) Refusing to pay them more, so a wait it will be. cant complain too much as flights were cheap. Anyway... ive a wee question regarding the liquids.... i know its 100ml max, thats fine, however, my plastic bag for them is see through but not totally clear... i bought freezer bags today but they are "cloudy" looking through them, ie not like glass..... will i have to buy completely clear ones?! no problem if i do, just wanted to check.
I use freezer bags that have Sainsbury's written all over one side and it's never been a problem, although they are clear. I think the cloudy ones may not be acceptable, it depends a lot on the airport you are using, I understand that the staff at Manchester can be particularly picky.
They can be picky at Manchester but they do provide suitable bags free of charge before you pass through security, so the easiest thing if you are flying from there is to transfer your liquids etc into their bags - and pick up a spare one for the flight home :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.