Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Your hotel room will be non-smoking but you will probably be given an ashtray for the balcony. The restaurants and indoor bars will be non-smoking but any outside bars/swim up bars will allow smoking and it happens around the pool and on the beach. Pretty much as in the UK, though not too many swim up bars here!
Unless things have changed in the last year (I was there Jan 2009), you can smoke virtually anywhere in the Tequila (there are ashtrays and sand "buckets" everywhere). The restaurant has a non-smoking area but smoking was allowed outside of that area. Smoking was also allowed in the entertainment area. I have never heard about the rooms being non-smoking, there are no signs stating this and nobody has ever told me that smoking isn't allowed. Smoking is allowed in the sports bar and also in the nightclub.

Tell hubby he will be fine.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.