Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
You don't say where you are staying??? Most bars I know are still smoking, Moonlight Bar in Torviscas is no smoking though.
Nigel,

Thanks for pointing that out to me!

I'm staying in Tenerife Royal Gardens which is in Arona, Playa De Las Americas but on a map it looks like it is on the border between Playa and Los Cristianos

Thanks

Stephen
Hi Stephen.Murphys Irish pub around the corner is Non Smoking,as is the Wigan pier and Yeats's bar.
surly you must know where the best bars/restraunts are yourself seen as you was there not so long back, and would of noticed this seen as your a KEEN none smoker
Little legs

If you have read the other discussions on smoking/ non smoking you will, have noticed that most bars seem to have gone back to smoking! That is why i was asking for advice from people who have been out this summer or are resident.
The bar I spent most of my time in over New Years Eve was Brazenhead II and that was non smoking from 1st of January only and hopefully it will be again. This time though we would like to try out a few new places as we are going for longer than 1 week.
To keep this forum from turning into a debate (which I hope it doesn't) I was asking for people to name bars and state whether smoking and non smoking so other users of the forum may find of use.
Hi

Just returned from PDLA on Friday and found most of the bars and restaurants we visited were now enforcing the no smoking rule as opposed to July/August when we were there and not many places seemed to bother much. Smoking is still allowed on the outside terraces. I presume there has been a clamp down on the law recently.
No clamp down...although the law is going to be looked at again, at the end of the year.
The bars had until the end of August to meet the requirements as per the Spanish law.
The Health Minister said that no extention to this date would be allowed...
From day 1.....All bars have had to place a sign in the window or on the door of the premises, no smaller than A3 size, stating whether smoking is allowed or not....even in Tenerife. :wink:

Sanjiiiiii
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.