France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
We went shopping in our local hypermarket and had lunch at the cafe which is something we do regularly. Oh what a difference for it to be smoke free! Our lunch tasted so much better!
I agree with Billyboy, not before time .. however, having seen the abortion that is Spain's smoking law, then i will wait and see before i decide if it's any good in France!!

Haven't seen many as good as what we have here in Scotland (and i guess the rest of the UK isn't much different)
The difference is that in France smoking is banned in all public places. Whereas in Spain the individual premises owner decides if he wants a smoking or a non-smoking establishment. Not at all comparable.
I'm perfectly aware of how the Spanish one works, thank you very much .. i just don't really see the whole point of it!
The point of it is that everybody has freedom of choice.
... except the poor souls who can't afford to quit their job working in the smoking pubs and who just have to sit back and breathe it all in
This topic is regarding smoking (or not) in France, not Spain. Please keep on topic.

luci :wave
The point of it is that everybody has freedom of choice.

Everyone should have freedom of choice which is why i beleive everywhere should opperate like spain, then the smokers are happy and the non smokers are happy, im sure many smokers would still actually go to the smoke free bars with there friends and be willing to smoke outside, the point is it still gives people the choice though which is what matters at the end of the day.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.