General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We are heading to South America for a fortnight mid January, mostly exploring Buenos Aires but spending 5 days in Montevideo.

We've booked a week exploring Malta at the end of May and a week in Athens during October.

Not sure what other trips we might squeeze in yet, my other half monitors flight releases to see where we can get a bargain flight to - plenty on the bucket list though :-)
I loved BA! Great place for exploring! Which area are you staying in?
We are staying in Palermo a number of days and San Telmo a number of days :-)
The summer is undecided (daughter and I both want to go back to our favourite campsite in France but hubby won't commit). We are 25 years married in the autumn and hubby has promised me a trip back to San Francisco for that; I spent a year there as a child and haven't been back since 1996.
Barbados in May and Zante in July x
I love Barbados- where are you staying?
We had planned on going to Fuerteventura in June but not sure now what's happening with hols.
A Spa Hotel for 4 days in the German Alps next month
The UK for a week in April/May
Namibia in July
Greece or Canaries in October
and hopefully a visit to Malta sometime during the year.
Judith- have you been to Namibia before?
No Fiona, it will be my first visit.
I would love to go there Judith! Hopefully we will one day. Enjoy it :-D
Thanks Fiona, I'm really looking forward to the trip.
Have you been to Malta before Judith? We had a week there at the beginning of October and loved it. We had a week off and picked our destination round where we could get to and back that would fit with our work and voluntary commitments.
No we haven't Elaine, it will be our first visit, just a short one 4-5 days, trying to decide when to go and where to stay.
St Lawrence my friend has booked it. Not been before and don't know much about it.
We have stayed just out of St Lawrence and so went into it quite a bit. A few great restaurants. We loved Harlequins. Its not as busy as it used to be a few years ago. I think AI does mean some places can't survive. Are you going to a hotel?
An absolute must do is Oistins fish fry on a Friday- its a fantastic atmosphere. Plenty of places to eat and drink and lots of entertainment.
We stayed at the Victoria in Sliema and hired a car as the hotel has an underground car park. The Victoria is a 5 minute walk from the ferry to Valletta and was a great base to explore the rest of the island. We even managed a day in Gozo.
We definitely enjoyed Malta 👍I loved the history of the Island. We stayed in Marsaxlokk, a lovely little fishing village.

We did tour the island & also visited Gozo which we liked as well 👍
My friend has booked it as a birthday present for me yes staying in a hotel but know it's close to bars and restaurants. I'm not too fussed with all inclusive and will still venture out. I don't need a visa or any vaccinations do I? We are flying with virgin.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.