Greece - Zante Discussion Forum

An area of the site that is nothing but talk about the beautiful island of Zante
Tsilivi
3 Posts
Sounds lovely so far Fiona. I'd have even like the thunderstorm but understand your concerns.

We were in Tenerife once when a Calima descended. All of a sudden everything went still & the sky, air, everywhere had a yellow tinge to it. Really spooky atmosphere, I thought the end of the world was nigh 🌍😳

Look forward to reading your next instalment.
Not a lot to tell Glynis! We have done most of the tours in the past. I would recommend the ferry to Kefalonia. Beautiful place with quite a history. The shipwreck IMO is over rated. We went once and the seas can be quite choppy. Half the passengers were hanging over the rails or lying down!
We first visited Tsilivi in the 80s( several times) but only returned last year. I was worried I wouldn't like all the changes but to be honest it hasn't changed that much. There are more AI hotels though, which I think is a shame. There are some fabulous restaurants and bars to try. We did see a lot of coloured wristbands in restaurants though.
We enjoy a lot of the grilled dishes and also things from the oven like kleftico.
We only had one so so meal and that was actually one of the top rated in TA. I do sometimes wonder how restaurants are rated there One of my favourites was Zorbas. If you go try their chicken special
Our favourite was also last year's one. Look for the grill which has locals eating at it. It is opposite Traffic bar( which was there in the 80s with the same family running it) Kosolovo is also family run and the grill serves melt in the mouth food. It's also way down TAs list.
If you want nightclubs don't go to Tsilivi- it's not that sort of place. But there is some entertainment in the bars. I would say it is more of a couples place.
We will return but perhaps not in the immediate future. Time to try new places!
  • Edited by Fiona 2019-08-19 15:43:49
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.