Travel News

A place to discuss news related to the travel industry
Whilst I have sympathy for those who have lost their holidays jumping up and down will not solve anything.
I think the comment **Analysts said the prices reflected high demand on routes with few spare seats.** answers the question.
The TOs and airlines still operating only have so many seats and holidays available so yes there is at this stage a shortage, no doubt in the next couple of weeks that will resolve itself.
I do think that the people booked with Thomson but the flight was to be with Thos Cook who have had their holidays cancelled are not being treated fairly, I have no doubt Thomson knew this would happen and decided weeks ago what they would do.
They were not very helpful with us when we were in Tenerife and Monarch went bust. The reps were just not intrested saying that the CAA would sort things out.

Customer Service are foreign words to TOs
We are flying with TUI on 17th October inbound from Malaga. I'd already booked our outbound flights with Ryanair weeks before.

I can't remember, if ever, flying “Thomsons" but, there was no way I was taking the 6.30am Ryanair flight. I usually return with easyjet, who depart around 11am, but the TUI Flight worked out cheaper with similar departure times.

Our return flight price, all in, was around £118 PP which to us, was a bit ouch 😳 but, I was willing to pay the price for the good flight time. Hubby was ill earlier this year so we missed our booked annual holiday so I was prepared to splash out a little 😊.

Within a week or two, this flight had, increased, to £257pp one way...... From Malaga to Newcastle in October. At the time I thought this was 😳 but, maybe, now, it makes sense........
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.