EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
The wait is turning into a major problem for overseas buyers, as it is getting longer each year.
As an example, the Ortaca deeds office is now saying to expect a 5 month wait ( so probably 6 months).
I would recommend that you just wait, unless the owner has a Turkish buyer lined up he would be waiting another 5 months for anyone elses clearance to come through.
Unless a Turkish Buyer came along and he/she could buy same day.

Have heard of people using the Notary in this way - You would need to look much further into it though before commiting

What does your estate agent say about the delay??
Hello there

Yes we are in the same position....I started the process in mid Oct, although the 25,000/1 didn't get sent off till mid Nov 04....

We are still awaiting the return of our papers from the military...I have spoken to our estate agent and she said it is a waiting game, but her concern is that some papers are being returned with a request for a 50,000/1 map as well. This then means a further map has to be drawn up (costs?) and then your papers being re submitted to the military - does this mean we go to the back of the q again....

We are just hoping that ours come back ok and before the Easter as we have flights booked ....

Ann
Hi Concerned

I dont know where you're buying your property, but here in Kusadasi, applications are now being newly re-sent with the new 50,000/1 map so I envisage that it will take a while for the Tapu office to get through the amount of applications returned by the military plus deal with the 1st time applicants.
Vendors are now not willing to wait so long; they're losing out big style. Having to wait 5 or 6 months on clearance from the military means they're losing out on 6 months increase in value.
I think everyone's now turning to the Notary or Solicitors to draw up contracts until their clearance comes back.

Alison
The army is the problem. They are stopping just about everything in an already slow and tedious system. Ive mentioned before that they now want 650 ytl for processing Yabancis (foreigners) and they are not too happy at so many of us buying up vast stretches of Turkey. There are also new Imar regs arriving which is stopping a lot of new build projects causing further delays. typical of Turkey, wait til the system grinds to a halt and then react. Ah well its worth it in the end!!! I think!!!
:roll: At least we are not the only ones caught up in the system! Thanks for your comments. As my friends in Turkey say ' Imagine a lot of young men doing their military service and expecting to play soldiers and then they end up doing hour upon hour of boring paper work for foreigners buying up all their lovely properties....
I am buying in Akyaka, about 30 mins from Marmaris , a little bit of heaven!
Many thanks for your replies........and if anyone else has any updates I would be pleased to hear?
Ann
First applied for clearance at the end of October. Our application was re submitted afetr changes in boundaries. Sorry can't remember exactly when but probably around end of January.Anyway had e mail today saying our clearance has come through. :D
So take heart it does eventually!! :o
Forgot to say we're buying in Kusadasi :kiss
Thanks MRST

I am so pleased yours has come through and wish you a very happy time in your new home/holiday home....Good Luck!

Ann
Hi, this is my first time to post. I am also awaiting clearance since the middle of November. We are booked to go out at Easter, the plan was to arrange for airconditioning, buy furniture etc. MRST do you know if your application went to Izmir or was it dealt with locally in Kusadasi? Hope you enjoy your property. Pipermam :D
:? sorry to but in - especially as i am new - but what is tapu please?
Hi there, don't worry it is all very strange to begin with!
A Tapu is similar to our house deeds, it gives right of ownership on a house or piece of land...Unfortunately for foreigners buying in Turkey, we need to get militarty clearance to show we are not buying a house near a sensitive military area...Only once clearance is through, can a Tapu be changed into our name. This used to take 5/6 wks but can now take 5/6 months due to the large number of foreigners buying in Turkey....
Still waiting for mine, but I am sure it will be worth it in the long run!
Ann
PIPERMAM as far as I know our application went to Izmir. "2nd time around the agent posted it herself, instead of through the deeds office.
BUT I'm not sure if it was our first or second application which was successful.
  • Edited by Janne 2014-02-05 11:32:17
Hi Janne,
maybe this is nothing but Remax have closed their office here among some controversy. Who did you deal with and are they still in touch?
Hi everyone, thanks for all the help.
I have booked to go out for 2 weeks at Easter but there is still no sign of Tapu. It will be 6 months since signing in Land registry. If it is not ready I think we will have to do a notary deed. Any advice on this greatly received.

Jeannie
Hi- we have finally got our papers back from military, via mugla.. and Tapu is being signed over this week. so that means it has taken a total of 5 months...But at least they are coming through now which is a bonus for anyone else waiting... good luck to those still waiting.. and we are off next week to get the furniture!

Ann
congratulations! you might need to change your username to" relieved"
hey.... I would love to change my user name now ,,,,, but how do I do it?
Congratulations. Have a great time. I'm envious. We're also booked to go out tne end of next week. We were hoping to furnish etc. But so far no permission. Our application went in mid November. Here's hoping! Pipermam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.