Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Its worth getting car hire for a few days in the Seychelles just to visit all the beaches and try a few other restaurants. We went in June and managed to get qite a few rainy days so the car was a godsend. We visited a spice plantation on south of the main island which was interesting and served wonderful crepes.

A visit to Praslin and La Digue is a must - La Digue being the epitomy of what a Seychelle island should be.
My daughter got married at this hotel 12 years ago and it was a beautiful hotel but quite isolated at the south west end of the island.The whole place is expensive compoared to other destinations so if you are on HB basis you will be OK.On the night of the wedding we had a meal in one of the resturants and it was very good.The beach was narrow here and quite rough.We stayed at the Northeastern pppppppart of the island and hired a car to get about as the local transport was almost non excistent.Maybe someone who has been more recently can give you more up to date information.She spent her 2nd week in Mauritius and prefered Male but other people we spoke to said Mauritius was better.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.