EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Tenerife Advice
3 Posts
Hi Rob -

Im an Englishman in Tenerife and I work in IT with a large tour company.

Wages are about 2/3'ds of that back in Blighty for specalised areas such as Oracle Apps etc. This drops to around half of the UK rate for experenced helpdesk / technician work.

Appts start at around €450PM, but I'm sure some of the other regulars will help on this.

IT work is very very hard to find. Even if you have a specalised skill you will find it difficult. I have downsized my carrer to get a job in IT.

Most specalists are recruited via the web. and most companies prefer the lower end of the IT spectrum applicants to already live here. I was lucky to hear of a position and had the advantage that I was already living here.

Hope this helps.
I am looking for the exact same work funilly enough, i could have went for an interview when i was last over there, had to come home for personal reasons, i am now sick i never jumped at chance. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.