Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Family location
9 Posts
Es Cana is a good bet. Safe beach, sheltered sea. A reasonable amount of shops and bars but not too noisy. Some good hotels and one excellent one (Cala Nova Fiesta).
I would personally recommend Santa Eulalia,we have been to Es Cana 2 years running and love it but I would think that pushing buggies around the centre of Es Cana will be a nightmare - lots of very narrow streets with high kerbs and cars coming in all directions on the main street.

Santa Eulalia is a classy resort with loads of shops cafe/bars and resturaunts,the lovely promonade stretches for about half a mile from the Siesta area to the bottom end of the resort and would be suitable for evening walks and best of all not a lager lout in site.I would recommend the Hotel Don Carlos if youre interested.
I agree with every word Wayne Zab has said. I have been to Es Cana also and while its an ok resort, its not a patch on Santa Eulalia.
Another great place is Puerto San Miguel as its in a nice peaceful place where your kids will be fine!
My parents started taking me to Portinax when I was 4 and I loved it - its very small but lovely. The other place is Santa Eulalia, which I visited one time when we hired a car - lots of entertainment there.
Would also highly recommend Cala Llonga. We've taken our two daughters there a number of times over the years, right from when they were quite young.
We went to Calla LLonga in 1998 and although a beautiful beach and cove I think the problem with calla LLonga is that you can walk round it in 15 minutes and become easilly bored also there is only one decent hotel if you dont want to be with the all inclusive brigade
I would like to sing the praise of San Antonio Bay (as opposed to San Antonio main resort).

The two resorts (practically next to each other) form the inside of a 'horseshoe' shape. The Bay is very family friendly with lots of bars and restaurants along the front with a 'boat taxi' up and down the coast and a lovely sandy beach for the kids. San Antonio itself is 5-10 minutes walk along the front where you can find lots of 'life' and 'action' if you want it (it is a very modern town with modern shops and facilities) - the Bay is much quieter and relaxed and a lot cheaper to drink and eat! I have very fond memories of the kids fun park midway between the two where my two kids spent many a happy hour - they were about 4 and 2 then http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/forward%20roll.gif

Smiles :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.