Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Geared to Germans.hard to find something to eat and in the same bar every night?Is this the PDB that I know?

I havent stayed there for a few years but have visited several times and if you found it hard i really wonder how?

If you thought there was nothing to do in PDB then just how was Es Cana different,I have been to Es Cana 2 years on the run but I think there is more to do in PDB
in the words of peter kay,
how dare you

ive been to ibiza many times and ive stayed in playa den bossa
ive yet to have a bad holiday in ibiza im sorry you didnt enjoy your holiday but just try a differant resort dont give up on the island after 1 bad experiance, its a lovely island and lovely people.

fizzxx
Is that such a bad thing? I have found that bars, restaurants etc that want to attract Germans usually provide a better standard of service and catering than those that just want boozy brits in! Give me a decent German style bar any day of the week rather than one serving Watney's Red Barrel and footy on every night.
I have to agree with the above replies, I was in PDB in 2003 and loved it, the beach , the bars , the shops , I couldn't find a fault.

The year before I was in Es Cana and found this place beautiful but quiet with not much to do or see but still enjoyed myself....

This year I'm going to San An bay, I havn't been there since I was a child so can't wait to see how it's changed........ :D

It's worth trying a different part of Ibiza as I personnally think the Island is great......

sam xx
I went to Ibiza for the first time last year. We stayed in Es Cana and had a fantastic time. We hired a car and was able to tour many parts of this beautiful island. I loved it so much I'm going back this year, it's the first time I've ever returned to a place two years running. I can't wait. :love2

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

Regards Cleo
happy valentines day to you too cleo :lol:

fizzxx
been to ibiza once and really liked it we stayed in sargammassa(however you spell it) resort was really quiet but used the excellent bus service every day and saw a lot of the island,the only thing that stops me going back is the terrible flight times from glasgow
I would agree PDB was a little bit off a let down for myself as well,not too many nice bars to while away the nite,unfortunately when we found one we ended up in it every nite as it was the only one..don't get me wrong resort was ok but we had a 2 yr old kid and when your lookin for bar/cafe to chill in the early evenings,u have had it when it comes to PDB..ES CANA much better place to stay if u have young kids..also the prices in PDB a bit more expensive than in ES CANA..I do love IBIZA my last 3 holidays have been there in the space off 12months...SEPT 2003 ES CANA...JUNE 2003 ES CANA and SEPT 2004 PDB...i just prefered ES CANA...Lookin to go again this yr... :P
Well we stayed in PDB in October 2004 and it was wonderfull.

Roll on October 2005, we are going back!! 8)
i've been to ibiza about 7 times and we love it we aer going back in august... the past 2 time we stayed in hotel tannit it is lovely and quite close to eveything.
Is that such a bad thing? I have found that bars, restaurants etc that want to attract Germans usually provide a better standard of service and catering than those that just want boozy brits in! Give me a decent German style bar any day of the week rather than one serving Watney's Red Barrel and footy on every night.

I couldn't have said it better myself, I hate staying in 'Brit' resorts. The perfect example of this was our holiday to Majorca, the resort (Paguera) was clean, the food was varied and absolutely delicious, it was busy but not manic and there were plenty of bars, shops and a lovely clean beach. Germans and Dutch were the majority there and you could tell the Brits hadn't invaded yet. The only problem is that Germans don't appear to have children! either that or they tuck them up in bed early, so my little girl was bored at night - she wanted to party with other kids! :wink:

I went to Ibiza (Santa Eulalia) last year with my partner, our 7 yr old daughter and my sister. We had a great time and although SA was a bit quieter than we expected, the hotel we stayed in was great. We were about 20 minutes walk out of the resort and my only regret was that we didn't hire a car, but Ibiza itself is a great island and as we were leaving, we all said we would like to try it again and would travel around and stay in a few different areas, rather than stay in one place. Personally I love the Spanish Islands, and I would definitely go back to Ibiza.
I have stayed in both Portinax and San Antonio Bay - both very different resorts, but in there own ways, have something for everyone.

Ibiza is a beautiful island and very easy to get around, either by ferry, local bus or car.

If you are visiting, please try to see a little of the island rather than remain in one resort, I'm sure you'll be charmed with it's unique character - it's what draws people back to the island time and again.

Carol :love
i agree carol, its a lovely island you must have a look around while your there :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.