Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Thanks Biff, got all the info from those links. karen
hi Karen and Rich, try INVALID URL click on viva menorca and along he top click viva replies (make sure you click for english at the beginning ! ) this list many email addresses for different departments. hope this helps............i am also looking to visit these apartments next year , weas wondering if you are able to book direct ?
Tracey, i have e mailed them and am waiting for a reply. Will let you know what they say. We are also wanting to go next year. karen
Tracey, we had an email back saying you can book direct through there website and get 10% off the price. Tried it but it is still not accepting summer 2006. Hope this helps. karen
thanks for the info karen.......i'm sure i have read on this site that first choice have contracted all the rooms for this summer, so website showinf fully booked........hope we can book direct for next year , as the price i have got online at first choice is around £2000, self catering 2 adults 2 children. can go to eygpt four star all inclusive for the same price !!!!
Iam just waiting for eclipse to go online for summer 2006 but firstchoice have quoted us the same as you for 2 adults and 2 kids in july/aug. Thats self catering, it goes to £2600 for half board. We are all inc this year for £2500. Where do they get these prices??????
hi karen and rich, .......

i understand elipse go on sale 28th april........have you been to these apartments before or calan bosch before...this would be our first time...we are going to the pegasos palace, turkey, all inclusive in august for £1700 11nights...not sure if we are going to beat that price for anywhere else for 2006....even thinking of rebooking for turkey for next year if menorca works out too much....2 weeks ai in august £2500.....

Have you tried the paradise club apartments, calan bosch, through direct holidays, a two bed apartment worked out about £2400 in august 06 :D
Hi, no we have not been to Menorca before, but these apartments have a good reputation. We did Turkey last year and it was lovely. Iwill wait to check out Eclipse first. We are off to holiday village in Costa Del Sol in 5 weeks so i will probably book as soon as we get back. karen
HI ALL

WE GO TO THE VIVA FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SUMMER. WE ARE TRAVELLING WITH A 1 YEAR OLD. CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHETHER THE SUPERMARKETS IN THE AREA ARE WELL STOCKED WITH BABY FOOD (HEINZ , COW AND GATE ETC) AS WELL AS DECENT NAPPIES.

ALSO, CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW MUCH THE COTS ARE CHARGED OUT AT PER NIGHT?

DETAILS OF ANY GOOD RESTAURANTS/HOLIDAY TIPS FOR THIS AREA ALSO WELCOMED!.

THANKS

SNAP :D :D :D
Hi Snap
welcome to HT

Please do not post with your caps lock on

Biff
The supermarkets have everything you need for a one year old, so you wont have any problems, cant comment about the cots as ive not stayed at the Viva but it looks like a great complex all the times ive been past it when ive been there.

Dont know if youre gonna be hiring a car, but theres a great supermarket on the outskirts of cuitadella called Hypermarket Diskont they have everything from fresh stuff, to lilos, clothes and shoes.

Have a great holiday!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
hi karen and rich, have a good time at the holiday village costa del sol, its the holiday village in turkey for us in august. may half term going to fuerteventura for a week........( i work in a school, so have no option but to go in school holidays )

just looked on first choice re upgrading to half board at the viva menorca............does anyone know how much it is and whether its possible to upgrade to half board in resort ? thanks tracy :D
Thanks for the info. Won't have to take as much stuff as I thought now!

Snap :D
Hello again tracy, i have checked it out and you can book bed & breakfast at the hotel. I am not sure wether it is cheaper that way but i am looking into it, i will let you know. First choice want an extra £600 to upgrade to half board.I have found AI in Greece for same price as half board in Menorca!! decisions, decisions!! karen
Hi,

Not sure if you have already booked or not but I stayed at the Viva Menorca last August. I booked the hotel through www. Wintersunshineholidays.com and booked the flights seperately. This worked out a lot cheaper than booking through the hotel or travel agents. Although it was on a room only basis it didn't matter because the rooms are actually mini apartments with a kitchen and living room area so we used to have cereal etc for breakfast in the apartment also there are lots of places that you could go out for breakfast near Viva Menorca also I think you could upgrade to B&B when you got there.

If you need any more information just ask

Vicky
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.