Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Well I've been using an annual policy from underthesun.co.uk for the last 2 years that is due for renewal - they aren't the cheapest but at just over £80 for a family policy with European cover for just over a year I thought they were pretty good especially as they covered by husband when he had gallstones without any problem at all. I was thinking of looking at insure and go as I had heard their prices were very reasonable but not so sure now I'm beginning to think I will be better staying with our existing company (although I've never had to claim so don't in all honesty know what they are like).
I also use Insure and Go.

Many of the costs incured in some of the claims detailed on here are by way of the excess charges.

All i can say is do as i do, when looking for the cheapest quote, bear in mind that cheap is not always best. Far better to upgrade to their top level of cover because everytime you claim, you pay more for the excess than the cost of the policy. If this then means the quote is no longer competetive, then all i can say is - if you are a cheapskate who doubts like most that you will never have to use the policy anyway, you deserve to be hit hard when you claim. That protects people like me who always make proper preparation for all eventualities when holidaying abroad.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but i see it as being a simple solution to any potential problems. Always read the small print too.

littlekev.
I have heard that insure and go are now using a different assistance company - perhaps we were not the only ones to experience problems!
Our gripe is not particularly about the excess imposed - more the fact that it was not pointed out to me when I bought the policy that there was an option to pay a little extra to bring the excess to zero. At the end of the day Insure and Go paid out the bare minimum that they could and stuck strictly to the book. They even said that they had no record of the assistance company making phone calls to the hotel asking ask to call them back - we actually had a record of telephone calls that we made. We argued our point but eventually decided to give up and put the whole thing behind us - at the end of the my health is what matters.

Hopefully if they are using a new assistance company no-one else will go through what we did.

Pippa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.