Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
If you are only going for a week it would not be worth moving IMO. I personally don't like Baga and Calangute beaches but many do.
Depending on how active a holiday you want try something different, get a taxi to Ashvem beach ( or further north) and walk along the shore south to Morgim to get picked up there. Lovely stretches of deserted beach and shacks at strategic points for a beer.Go as the tide goes out if you get dropped off further north.
Alternatively you will find Anjuna beach pretty quiet ( avoid market days), again taxi or walk around the headland from Baga Creek.
A must if you want to "go native" is to catch a bus to Panjim. You can get one to Calangute in Arpora where you have to change to the Panjim bus. You get dropped at the free ferry point across to Panjim. The market is worth a visit, the journey memorable ! Have an ice cold beer sat in one of the little balconies in Hotel Venite and watch the world go by below.
For eating give Starlight in Arpora a go for outstanding value and excellent food.Don't be put off by appearances and try to avoid the loos. Ask for Ravi and he will sort you out if you are stuck for choice. Another good eating place is Spice Oven, slightly off the centre of the village on the track that leads to the Lagoa Azul. More European but high standards of cleanliness and a good atmosphere.
For a special treat try J&A's in Baga Creek, I know it's India but the pizzas and the melt in the middle chocolate puddings are stunningly good. The decor fantastic.A little more expensive but worth every rupee. You would pay an awful lot more for that in the UK.
With only a week you will soon be back for more !
Prepare yourself for some of the less desirable things but on balance you'll fall in love with the place, warts and all.
PS I have seen the Lazy Lagoon advertised but I'm not sure where it is as it's new. Let us know how you get on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.