Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi,
I have been to alot of the islands in Thailand, also to Bangkok several times.
I would suggest 3/4 nights in Bangkok,
7 nights in chiang mai, and then a beach for 7 nights.
Krabi is very nice, ao nang area has some lovely islands you can go to,and beautiful scenery. Your daughter would enjoy looking around all the little stalls and shops in the evenings, and there are lots of restaurants to choose from.
It would definaitly be cheaper to diy, look on asiarooms for hotels. This site sometimes gets bad reviews, but i have booked on here lots of times,never had any problems at all,just got what i wanted, great hotels at good prices.
In Bangkok,the marriott and spa is a excellant hotel, right on the river, lovely rooms,and very spacious pooland garden area. superb buffet breakfasts as well.
Have fun
suzi
Bangkok 3 to 4 nights, Chaing-Mai 3 or 4 nights Phuket or Krabi for the beach side of things. If you were to spend a whole week up north you might want to consider a side trip to the Golden Triangle - you could even learn to be a mahoot at the Anantara - or Mae Hong Sorn which is a lovely quiet little town near the Burmese border.

In Bangkok it might be worth considering serviced apartments as an alternative to a hotel, this way you could get a two bed-roomed apartment for the price of a hotel room...and still gets all the services you'd expect from a hotel.

When we have done three centres we have put Chiang-Mai at the start of the holiday, beach in the middle and Bangkok at the end
Theres no hard and fast rules of DIY versus an TO, I've known of times when it has been cheaper to use the tour operator (including all the financial protection that entails) like the time I DIYed the Marriott then realised it would have been cheaper to have used Premier holidays for flight and hotel.

Incidentally Premier holidays will do accommodation only and they usually include the incentives you might get when booking a package like free nights and room upgrades.
As usual Sunbear you are spot on.

I echo your feelings and agree entirely with the comments about Premier.

The sequence, North Thailand, Beach, Bangkok is also a good way of doing things.

Enjoy McGroogle!

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.