Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi Carol.im sure that even if you get a few showers and or thunderstorms there will be plenty of sun inbetween and at least it will be warm. Best wishes Alison 8)
Hi all, we fly out on friday 3rd june, it's our 1st time to Ibiza too. Just looked at this weather forecast & it doesn't look too bad http://www.intellicast.com/Local/IntlLocalStd.asp?loc=leib&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=Forecast&product=Forecast&prodnav=none&pid=none - although it's a holiday, away from washing, ironing, cooking & all the other household duties. I am determined to enjoy it regardless of the weather. Happy hols to all of us!! :D
I used to spend the weeks leading up to my holidays checking out weather reports and fretting, only to find out when I get there everything is far far better than anticipated.

It may be worth bearing in mind that actual weather reports are usually a "snapshot" of conditions at a particular time of day at a particular location (usually at island destinations - the local airport). I have posted in the past, that I have been on Ibiza and spent the morning in Playa den Bossa (the airport side of the Island) hiding from wind and rain and the afternoon sunbathing on the beach on the northern side of the Island. It really can be that different.

Have a good holiday
The weather forcasts for Ibiza are often inaccurate, the weather station is apparently near the airport which is near an exposed coast line, there it is usually forcast to be a little bit cooler than it actually is.

At this time of the year Ibiza its not common to get the odd shower however they are not like the UK in any respect, its a North African climate so showers are often heavy but brief. When I lived over there I watched weather roll in, chuck it down for about 20 minutes and then bright sunshine and on its way to all been dried out again 10 minutes later. I was over there a couple of weekends ago and it was 27c up to 29c and bright sunshine. I wouldn't worry to much! Enjoy your holiday.
I wouldn`t let it worry you we went to Ibiza last year and had 2 days of really bad weather, but it was scorching the rest of the time. It was quiet fun at first the rain was really bad and everyone was soaked then about an hour later it got hot again then the rain would start again, it rained that much it lifted the man hole covers in the road but it did give us a chance to have a look round the shops and didnt ruin our holiday at all.
I wouldn`t let it worry you we went to Ibiza last year and had 2 days of really bad weather, but it was scorching the rest of the time. It was quiet fun at first the rain was really bad and everyone was soaked then about an hour later it got hot again then the rain would start again, it rained that much it lifted the man hole covers in the road but it did give us a chance to have a look round the shops and didnt ruin our holiday at all.

:D We have some good memories of the rain, once we went to the caves which is up a steep windy hill side when we where hit by a electrical storm. Our hire car did a good job getting back down the hill as within minutes the road was basically a fast running river / waterfall down each side. :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.