Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
It seems to me that if you booked your holiday on the basis of the information which was printed in the brochure, i.e. upper floor rooms with balconies being available, and this information was incorrect, then you should be entitled to cancel the holiday contract without penalty and have a full refund of your deposit.

Firstly, I would recommend that you speak to your local trading standards department, and take a copy of the brochure along with you, as it sounds like the particulars described for this hotel may breach the Trade Descriptions Act. Secondly, if you paid the deposit by credit card, then I suggest you complain to your credit card company also, and ask them to intervene on your behalf to get your deposit back.

Hope this helps.
If you still want to go you could always e-mail the hotel and ask for a higher floor. In all honesty despite Direct Holidays statements I doubt they every single person that ever books with htem on ly has a ground floor room.

hth
maybe direct holidays have certain rooms that their customers will recieve in the hotel and if this is the case then it wont be one with the didgey balcony but if not then i would contact citizens advice about the fact that the brochure contains inaccurate information and if it does then DH should refund you in full. good luck!!
As another writer suggests I would be surprised if the hotel would not put you on a higher floor if you ask when you arrive if there is any problem say that you will sign a letter to say it was at your request.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.