Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
You can bring 200 cigs back, cost about £13 at the airport, there is also booze available at the airport at a very good price, cheaper than in the city. :lol:
here's a strange one! got back last week, at budapest airport on the way home went to duty free and got 2 boxes of golden virginia and proceeded to the check out, miserable lady on till said you can't take rolling tobacco into the UK from here and snatched them away from me. i didn't understand her reason, it was something to do with the language that was printed on the boxes....????????.......anyway i've packed in smoking now, so if anyone sees her give her my regards.... :D
Myself and my husband will be going to Budapest next month and was wondering what the duty free was like on arrival ie. will it be open at 11pm and is there a good selection.

thanks
Mandy
hi, i think you can only access duty free on departure.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.