Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Yes Claire you are right :)

Maggie x
Thanks Maggie.. Don't suppose you know the amount of tobbacco it is that they can bring back?

Claire :wave:
Ummmmmmmmmm - can't remember that sorry :think
No......I know about cigs as I smoke myself and it's 3200 as long as it's for personal use, MUCH cheaper than UK prices even with the change to the Euro........I'll be buying more when we go back in September!
Have a look at this web-site http://www.customs.hmrc.gov.uk
check 'travelling to the UK from the EU' and scroll down - you'll get how much cigarettes/tobacco/beer etc etc you can bring back x
3200 is just a guideline not a law so im led to belive so you can bring back more but need to prove they are for yourself
Just as a matter of interest what are the average prices in Cyprus for cigarettes at the moment.

Gail
:cry sorry to have to tell you my friends but you can only bring home 200 gigs and one bottle from Ayia Napa
sorry to have to tell you my friends but you can only bring home 200 gigs and one bottle from Ayia Napa

I'm afraid your wrong........Cyprus is in the EU now which means 3,200 cigs (guidline) and has been since they joined, check the link above to the customs website if your in any doubt.
^^^
Miss Chief is correct. The guideline limit is 3200 ciggies and ten litres of spirits...
Link Here
Just to say cyprus is not in the EU WELL NOT YET so im still saying only 200 gigs and one bottle form cyprus ....am I right :que
Hi Colleen, fancy bumping into you here. :rofl

sorry to say but you are not correct.
Cyprus is in the EU (that's obviously not including the Turkish occupied part) and the previous entries are correct, you can bring back up to 3200 fags, and have been able to for about the last 2 years.

Regards, Julian.
if you want to get technical ALL of Cyprus was admitted to the EU, however the equerries for the north are suspended pending a settlement on the island, so both of you are correct, from the TRNC you can only bring back the minimum amount and from the RC you can bring your full EU quoter....

yasus

wizard
:whoops Yes julian01 I was away in Brazil and happned to say to my hubby about this thread and he told me thay they are now in the Eu ... :rofl not that I care I dont even smoke but im do have the odd coffee :cheers ...colleen
I have been told that I can bring back unlimited amount of booze and fags back from Cyprus, as long as its for my own consumption. Is this the case? obviously I wont be bring back 1000 fags or 20 bottles of cypriot brandy.

Can anyone confirm this is the case?
You can bring back 3200 cigarettes and I think 10 litres of spirits.
Merged with existing topic which has the allowances in the most recent posts.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.