Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Majorca is part of the Balearic Islands and as such carries the same duty free allowance as the rest of Spain.

Although the Canaries, ie Tenerife, Lanzarote etc., are classed as Spanish they are not considered to be part of the EEC

http://www.spanish-airport-guide.com/duty-free.html

Kath x
Thanks Kath off to cala-dor on saturday cheers :tup
we always buy our ciggies and booze in the supermarket, then there isn't a limit as its tax paid. We pack it in the supermarket with the receipt in the bag. We've only once, years, ago been stopped at customs. When the case was opened the customs officer wasn't interest in the gifts as they hadn't been bought in the duty free shop. What annoys me is the new ruling that we can't buy duty free on the airoplane. Why have it in the magazine?
you can only buy fags from the goverment run tabaco shops now.supermarkets are not allowed to sell them now.(any way the tabaco shop was the cheapest anyway before they changed the rules),has for book on plane.iif you read small print.they can sell fags if you going to a non eu place.thing it would cost a lot more to have two books made to cover this item.
djwoody, I'd forgotten that about supermarkets and fags. Thinking about it, when we were in cala bona OH used the tabac shop for his fags, but booze from small shop or supermarket along from the cala bona hotel. Trouble is we rarely go to a non eu country. Still don't understand why the rules were changed. :que
think the new rule is to cut underage smokers.plus they can control how many are sold ect.don;t forget if buying loads of fags.ask for a few freebies.or get the offers with the bottles on.i do and give them away as a gift to hotel staff.cleaner/barman/ect.mine you my cleaner in ibiza does not drink but her husband does.last year in popped in to thank me.thought that was very nice of him.i don;t mined at all.thing they do a great job.and put up with a lot.
just back from Sa Coma last week and bought some from the local spar shop ,tabacs was shut ,would only sell 200 at a time and were 24.50 rather than 23 at the tabacs
must have been from a machine vending as well,a few shops have them.and a few bars will sell the well know brands under the counter
they only sell in 200`s and 200 at a time(well known brands as you say)but she sort of hinted that i could get more by just asking for another 200 and so on ,seperate till receipt
You don't get duty free from majorca as its part of the European union, you get duty free from non EU countries including the canary islands. The cigarretes you buy in spanish tabaco shops are EU tax paid and customs have set a guideline of 16 cartons each (3200).
Got 2400 L&B they were 29.5 euros in the tax free shop.They were 34.5 euros in the airport duty free.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.