Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Spangles :D

Thanks so much for volunteering your advice. We love Majorca and did DIY to Can Pastilla and Cala Dor this year.

We stopped off one day in Cala Millor, and it looked lovely, and we thought S'Illot looked lovely too, and thought it would be nice to book a week's break for autumn next year.

We are in our 40's with a 11 year old boy, and we love eating out, a quiet drink after our meal, and enough activities (but like to stay somewhere where we feel as if we are in Majorca, not Brits abroad)

Which of the resorts would you recommend, and also, (maybe I am being too picky here), are there any complexes you think would fit the bill? We are going to do Easyjet and book through Alpharooms, or one of the other booking agents.

Thanks in advance 8)
Hi Spangles. We have booked for a week 20 October staying at the Safari Park in Sa Coma. I read a very negative review on HT re Sa Coma, they thought it was so bad that they had to try a different resort every day!! :shock: I have been to Sa Coma before (about 7 years ago) and really enjoyed it. What will it be like in October? Will it be very quiet? We are going to hire a couple of cars for the week so we can get around a bit. Would like some reassurance on Sa Coma because we are taking 5 kids aged 15, 15, 12, 10, 9, and dont want them to be bored. Is Sa Coma OK for them to have a walk around in the early evening on their own (just to the shops etc). Thanks in advance.
Hey pargaluvva, i came back from sa coma last night, i also went last year, it is absolutely lovely, the beaches are perfect, shallow shelvin sands into nice blue waters, resort is ideal for kids to walk about at night, low key nightlife and NO IDIOTS! Some lovely places for familys to eat very child friendly! hope you have a lovely holiday!
we went to sa coma in july i really loved it but then again everyone said alcudia was brilliant but i didnt think so. our kids loved the bikes you can hire and you can let them go off on their own i liked sillot which was right next to sa coma and prefered the sea their as it wasnt as choppy we are going next october just booked because we like it that much.
Hi LilMiss. We are really looking forward to Sa Coma. Glad to hear its ok for the kids to have a walk around alone. Sure we will all have a fab time.
Hi Julie. We absolutely hated Alcudia but I know there are plenty of people who love it :shock: Have you been to Sa Coma before in October? Was it still pretty busy and what was the weather like? We go on 20 October. :D
Hope it's still warm enough to sunbathe :wink: Gail
we have only been to sa coma once in july bit we did go to ibiza around middle of october 2 years back the weather wasnt very good it kept raining i think we had 3 hours sun out of 7 days i would advise you to take warm clothing as well also some of the restraunts were closing down for the winter. One thing i liked about sa coma though was their is a few restraunts overlooking the sea which i really liked anymore info just ask.
TOOTSIE:

I think you might prefer to stay in S'illot. It is much more 'spanish' than the other resorts on the east coast, quiet and relaxing, although there are a wide choice of restaurants (spanish, british, chinese, indian, german) and bars to enjoy. There is a lovely beach and the usual banana boat, pedalos etc.. You can also walk down into the more residential part of s'illot where there is a pretty little cove and really beautiful coastline, if you've got the energy you can walk into Porto Cristo aswell! S'illot is only 5 - 10 mins walk to Sa Coma where there is also a lovely beach, and a lot more british bars and restaurants if you need a taste of home! In Sa Coma there are more shops and also a small market on a wednesday, and a big Caprabo supermarket, if you are self catering it should have almost everything you need. Both S'illot and Sa coma are very family freidly resorts so im sure you will have a good holiday whichever you choose. Have you looked on the Protur Hotels website? The Palmeras Playa Aparthotel is very nice and is situated on the border of S'illot and Sa Coma. If you book with alpharooms they usually have good deals for the Playa Moreya hotel in S'illot, which is also Airtours, and i have heard they also have nice rooms. Hope this helps! Anything else please ask!

PARGALUVVA;

The Safari Park (also Protur Hotels), in my opinion, is one of the best places to stay in Sa Coma. I have had family stay in there, the rooms are good and the whole place is kept very clean. They have a good entertainment programme, although the entertainers are dutch and german (there are about 65 - 70% other nationalities staying in the hotel) they do get everyone involved and the shows are all popular, such as Grease , Moulin Rouge etc.. The food in the half board restaurant is very nice, a good selection, and also the snack bar do good meals in the afternoons. The hotel is in a good location, only 5 mins walk to the beach, near to the shops, bars, restaurants, bus and land train stop! Obviously as you are coming towards the end of the season, you may find the resort starting to close down but there should still be plenty of things to do and S'illot is only a short walk, most bars and restaurants there are open all year as it is more 'spanish' and the locals still need places to go! Hiring a car is probably a very good idea, as the weather is a bit unpredictable at that time of year, and its nice to go out about places when its not so hot. Although i would recommend sorting out the car hire as soon as you arrive, if not before, because of the reasons above everyone usually has the same idea! I would say the kids should be fine going around resort on their own, but as with anywhere you go just make sure you know what they're up to and where they are. Im sure you will enjoy it here and if i can help with anything else just ask!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pargaluvva:

It should still be hot enough to sunbathe, i always have family over in October and we usually have most of their days in the sunshine, just make sure you bring your jumpers for the evenings - you will definitley need them!

Happy hols everyone :D
Spangles :D :D :D 8)

Thank you very much for that information, it was really useful, and we will have a look at Alpharooms for S'Illot, used them this year in Can Pastilla and everything went very smoothly!

Thanks again!

Toots
Hi

There is a good website about Mallorca with a lot of info that you might find helpful, it includes resort info, restaurants, bars, weather etc..

http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk
We are going to Cala Millor next August and want to take in a show.
My daughter loves everything dance and singing, and will be her 7th birthday when we are there.
Everyone raves about Pirates, but is there anything nearer?

Mark
Markas

I replied to the private message you sent me.

Hope it helps :D
Is there boats for hire in Cala Bona, or any fishing trips to go on,also where's the best place to go horseriding and roughly how much does it cost. :D
Spangles, if you happen to hear of any jobs for electricians with crash courses in Spanish within the area........could you let me know please.
I envy you big time, we are coming back to Mallorca twice more this year, june and october..............and we had seriously considered moving out there. Our only problem was our son started school in september last year................so we now think it might be better to complete his schooling before we reconsider.
By the time our daughter has finished school as well................(13 more years to go).............hopefully we could possibly be your neighbours..lol.
hiya spangles

We are coming to Sa Coma on 2nd June and are staying in the Safari Apartments. I have read loads of good reports about Safari, but i was wondering if you know a good room number to request as i have read that the ground floor and first floor balconies don't get much sun and ideally we would like to have a room that the balcony gets sun most of the day as we have two small children who may need to sleep in the day, so it would be nice if we could sit in the sun on the balcony, also what do you think the weather will be like then?

many thanks

emma
Hi! I would choose any room from the 2nd floor i.e 2018 - 2028 upwards to floor 4. You will definitely get the sun all day on these balconys, i have had family stay there with these rooms. Sa Coma / S'illot is such a family family friendly resort, The Kings Head, The Indian Restaurant, The Music Bar, lots of chinese restaurants and many more popular places. Hope you have a lovely time.
colport27:

The only problem is that there aren't many spanish electricians on the island who speak fluent english! You would need to learn Spanish if you wanted to come and work with the intention of earning a lot of money. The Spanish electricians are excellent, but if the customes don't speak Spanish this is where the problem occurs. I know of one British electrician who speaks perfect Spanish, he gets most of the work in the east coast, but if you wanted to work alongside him i could always pass on your details. It is definitely a profession that would earn you money all year round.
Hello

If you like a good curry then the only place that is worth going is the indian restaurant IN SILLOT. Its a shame that the name is so obvious, because the taxi driver took us to another indian restaurant in the next town, luckily we knew that it was the wrong one so we told him to take us to the indian restaurant and we had a superb evening, the people that own it are from London and they were so kind. We will recommend it to anyone we know. I think they have a website aswell if anyone wants to put it in the search engine.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.