Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Bombs in Jordan
3 Posts
I heard the news this morning, knowing my sister and husband are on a tour of Jordan and Egypt. Fortunately I have now heard from their daughter that they were in Egypt at the time. Their trip returns via Petra and flies back out of Amman, so I don't know if they will be affected as the BBC news says the land borders are currently closed. Thank goodness they are OK - but where is safe these days? :(

I was half considering a similar trip next year myself but now am unsure. I know we can't let these people win but the middle east does look a particularly volatile place.
The Middle East has always been volatile - even Christ's family were displaced for a census!

Perhaps this is not the best time to visit, but statistically you could be run over by a bus ....

Make your will (NOT a joke - I bet many of you haven't made one or updated it within the last five years) before you go, have all the sensible jabs and assess the risk with a cool head.

There's a lot of nice people who live there, and it's a shame that their lives are spoiled by a vicious minority trying to destabilise ordinary people in the name of their religion - only it's not what real believers believe.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.