Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
we have just got back from the Radisson. We really enjoyed it, we stayed next door at the mahindra last year, so knew the area. The drinks and food in the hotel is expensive, but there are 4 beach shacks, and outside the hotel the is one restaurant at the gates, which is ok, but around the corner there are afew restaurants. I would recommend Sun and Moon and Mishas Hut. Also get a taxi to Cavelossim, where there are lots of restaurants.
we have a couple of reviews here.
Seabie-- would you be able to do a review for us?
consider it done!
and here it is for everyone to read. Thanks Seabie!
We are off to the Radisson on Jan21st for 3 weeks looking forward to it, seabie is there much to do around there and how far is the railway station?
Hi there,

At the Radisson there are 4 beack shacks. I would reccommend Glorias. There are watersports at either the Radisson or to the left at Club Mahindra. You can take a lovely walk on the beach (heading right) up to Benaulim. There are afew beach shacks on the way. The walk is lovely and not too many people about.
Out of the hotel at the gates is a restaurant called Parezas. It's ok, afew Russians in there. It does Karaoke every night, but the prices are a little more expensive than if you turn right where you will find around 6 restaurants. Some having theme nights weekly. Best restaurants are Sun and Moon where you will find a tame eagle, and Mishas who is owned by an english couple.
Further down is Club Mahindra hotel, and if you need a taxi i would get one from there. (abit cheaper) They can take you to Cavelossim which is plenty full of shops and restaurants, and Margao (the capitol of the South) where the train station is. It takes about 15 mins to get to either place. For a trip to Cavelossim with the taxi driver waiting as long as you want, will cost you 400 rupees.

One tip aswell, buy your own booze for the room as the mini bars is pricey. We only ate in the hotel at breakfast, although it is a lovely place to stay and would highly recommend it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.