Newby to the board and saw some posts on the subject resort. I have been returning to this resort yearly over the past 14 or more years. Lost count. One of the many things that made my choice to return so easy was the staff. The bar staff and activities staff .. were all great. I have heard that after they closed down for the renovation, many were told that they were going to be replaced. Although this is very sad, it comes at a a time that the resort is trying to somewhat re-invent themself. This can be good. The food was not always great. You can always find things to eat at the buffet, but the food has always been just okay. This doesn't bother me too much as we tend to get out of the resort and eat around the island. Driving over to the east side to eat at Playa Bonita, Chen Rio, or Coconuts (my favorite (best cadilac margarita and shrimp quesadilla or conch ceviche.....all so fresh!))... If you do go to the east side, go to the chedraui market and pick up a cooler, ice, water and beverages to hang out at the beaches on the east side. There are some waves for body surfing. Not big enough to actually suf. That is the winward side of the island, so the are essentially wind waves. I had a friend from another board send me pictures of the resort during the remodel. We are returning in July for 2 weeks. As diver, we used to use the on site diver operator, but we switched many years ago to dive with alison of scubawithalison.com. She is the best DM and a good friend.