Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
hi,
we are booked to go in september. good luck with your wedding :smile:
I've requested the Holiday Village White Sands be added to our reviews ;)

Pippy :)
I realise this hotel hasn't opened yet but when it does, the race will be on for the first person to post their review http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/mexico/yucatan-peninsula/cozumel/holiday-village-white-sands-hotel/

Pippy :)
hi all
i mentioned on my weather in cozumel thread that this was the hotel i had in mind for june and then there was some discussion as to whether it would be open properly as the date for opening is may 2008.

i have a friend who works for first choice and shes sent me this today by email :

''As far as I know the hol village is up and raring to go. Spoke to someone who has working over there getting it all ready and apparently its amazing and there are no major probs. Obviously its gonna be like any new place and there can be hitches but I'm desperate to get out there myself!! It looks amazing and at the moment its looking as though its going to be ready to open in all its glory!!
We went to the hol village in Turkey last year and had an amazing time. The entertainment that they provide is wicked, you should enjoy it.''

so i think i'm going to go for it hehe ... looks amazing!

L x
ah gdgd, sounds promising! Thanks for getting that info Lynz.

wahoo i cant wait to go and ive got like 7 months left to wait!
gooood! im looking forward to seeing your review & if im lucky some pictures, we've got ages to wait till we go!
we have booked to go in september too, cant wait
Hello everyone!

I have also booked to go to the holiday village white sands and have been doing some reaserch on the hotel for some time now after hearing rumours about the hotel not even being built lol, I thought id better check! looking on trip adviser it turns out that first choice are taking over a hotel in cozumel and refurbing and rebranding it ready to open in may 2008. If you search for the "Allegro Cozumel by Occidental", the photos look pretty similar to that on the first choice website of the white sands. there are a number of forums too with people talking about the change over. you can also look at peoples holiday photos from the "Allegro Cozumel by Occidental". (Not that im a weirdo lol, I was just reasearching)

There are also some reviews of the old hotel. some good, some bad but it generally sounds good, and with the new refurb going on it should be even better. Id ignore some of the bad reveiws too. I booked a holiday last year to the dominican republic, and after reading a few bad reviews i was a bit nervous about going. however, i can now say it was one of the best holidays i have ever been on, and from now on I am going to ignore some of the bad reveiews people post.

Hope this may help some people

:cheers
thanks hayley
i'mmostly concerned that it will be fully ready by 8th june when we fly out!

not too worried about the standard of the hoel as the holiday villages seem to have pretty good all round reviews worldwide :)
thanks hayley for that information, when will you be going?

yeah it has made everyone feel a bit better that it will just be a refurbishment & not built from scratch!

Lynz, im sure everything should be finished and running smoothly when you go... apparently some people are going over soon to take more pictures/videos, im not sure if this is just a rumour though. Hopefully not as the holiday villages have all mostly got a video to go with them!
oh wow i will definitely keep an eye out then on the first choice website for updates danielle thanks for that info!

and yes it being a refurb rather than a built -from-scratch made me feel more confident about booking as well.

L x
Hi again,

im not worried either to be honest, quite excited now actually!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!! I fly on the 8th of june and I am so looking forward to it! Never been to any of the first choice holiday villages but they all look really good. Did everyone book through first choice? apparantly you can book now through other holiday companies to go, but it is still a first choice hotel.
ah you & Lynz go together! we dont go until the end of September, counting down already haha!

we booked through first choice last october (a week after returning from the dominican republic holiday village!) .. but yeah i have now noticed you can book through signature vacations who are in Canada (they did the same at the dom rep hv aswell) and through expedia. i'll be honest and was kind of happy that it would just be first choice customers but ah well!
Hi all

We have just booked to go to the holiday village white sands on 17th May for the week of our 10th wedding anniversary so we hope it is all up and running as well, fingers crossed I am sure it will be wonderful. :)
oh johlaine you're going even earlier than us :) hope you get chance to pop back and report on the hotel :)

congrats on your anniversary too.

hayley where are you flying from on the 8th june? we're flying from manchester that day :)
Thanx pippy.

Will definately report back to you all on our return. :sun2 We have booked one of the Royal Suite rooms in the adults only section of the resort, so will let you know how we get on. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.