Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Danielle

I don't think you'll find any info as it looks as though this is a new hotel. According to the FC website it's not available until May 2008 :wink:

Pippy :D
For lots of info on Cozumel take a look at Cozumelinsider.com
thanks for replying :D
Well we have took the risk and booked for next September, we enjoyed the one in Dominican Republic and they probably will be similar in some ways!
Just cant wait till it opens to get more information/reviews!
I'm sure you will love Cozumel, it is very lively place. Be sure and go to Senor Frogs or Carlos 'n Charlies for a fun evening,(one is upstairs, one down) it is right on the Malecon the main road along the beach shopping area.
The best day we ever had at Cozumel was for the Royal Swim with dolphins at Chankanaab Park- it was wonderful. It's a $10 taxi ride from the center of Cozumel. Book via http://www.dolphindiscovery.com
Have a look at http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com it's full of helpful hints.
Cozumel is easy to get around, just one main road (two lane) around the island,and very flat, so easy driving- you can't get lost- lots of beaches along that road to stop off at. Beware the scooter riders though, lots of what seems like entire families riding a scooter. I saw one lady stop at a 'zebra' crossing in downtown, she was driving, she had one kid standing between her knees, one in a basket on the front, two sitting behind her on the pillion. There was a cop directing traffic, and I thought oh she's gonna get a ticket, but he just waved her on. You see a lot of that. Cars held together with duct tape....LOL
Lovely hard working people down there.
thanks for that information :D Do you know if you can book the dolphin swim via the rep at the hotel?
Is your hotel even completed yet? If it's in the main hotel zone it's easy enough to get anywhere by cab.
If it has a Rep then you can probably book thru them, but you don't need to- you pay more via a third party usually. If you need an excursion where transportation is arranged or you can obtain some group discount then it might be preferable to do that.
Have a look at http://www.dolphindiscovery.com website. You will see all the programs they offer. It is a thrilling day. They take lots of photos and a DVD. Pricey but worth it.
I'll be in Cozumel next week, just one day as part of a cruise. I love it.
Daniellex
I'm thinking of going to mexico next year too, we must have the same tastes, never know might meet you at this one as well, glad you had a great holiday in dom rep we really enjoyed it too, didnt really deserve the reviews it got. Happy holidays for next year.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hodgesx
The New Holiday Village White Sands is actually the Occidental Allegro Cozumel, which is closing this winter to be redeveloped into the new holiday village.
Thanks for that info TCX :tup In that case I expect admin will want to delete it from the reviews section as reviews for it will be irrelevant once the new HV opens.

Pippy :D
Actually, I'm not sure we even have it in reviews! Is it one of the Allegros listed HERE?
I dont think you have got it down there its the current Occidental Allegro Cozumel
Hodges, ah that would be great! When you thinking of going? Never know might meet on a similar mexico safari trip haha! How is normal life? xx
xdeniellex
thinking of going about the same time as dom rep, it was quite nice going later in the year.
Normal life very busy but busier the better i can earn more money to book these nice holidays. :lol:
yeah it was nice going later on in the year, we've booked for the 27th September from Gatwick again. Well if you do decide to book for similar times at least we will have people to get excited with!!

take care x
Went to the new Margaritaville in Cozumel this week and it's a great place, I would recommend it highly. There is a bar/restaurant/ shop.
They have several decks right onto the waterfront with Tiki bars and swings for seats.... the day we were there the surf was WILD, it was crashing over the bottom deck, fabulous. They have a large sea trampoline for when you've had some Dutch courage to go out there on it. You could also sit and watch cruise ships pull in.
Fun time all day, lots of line dancing, singing, general merriment, with the nicest staff you could wish for. I love Cozumel.
ah wicked, i love margaritaville. Hopefully we find it haha! thanks for everyones replies :D
You can hardly miss it unless you've spent too much time in Carlos 'n Charlies or Senor Frog's......!
It is on the seafront, Avenida Melgar and Calle 11. (11th St)
Have a frozen one for me. :lol:
Hi

I am going to this resort in may the hotel was formerly known as the allegro occidental and reviews can be found on most of the usual sites. The hotel closed on Jan 10th 2008 for 3 months of refurbishment works and i have contacted my tour operator and they say that all works are on schedule to finish before the 1st guests arrive which is the 10th may 2008. As for cozumel i have been trawling for info and the best site to visit is mexperience tells you everything i hope this helps and i will post a review when i get back

Regards

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.