Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi all,

Just about to book for the family for later this year September probably. Been doing a little bit of research and found this forum. The Hotel looks great but I'm a little concerned that even though the FirstChoice brochure says it's good for children I may find on arrival loads of couples who won't appreciate 3 little girls tearing around the place. Can anyone who's experienced the holiday villages put my mind at rest?

Cheers for any help :) ?
Hi Dave,

Holiday villages are geared towards children. We went to the Dominican Republic holiday village last year and there were kids there who looked like they were having fun as there are kids clubs and loads of activites for them to do. We dont have children ourselves but another part of my family have been to a few holiday villages with their children and they all loved it. As for the adults, they can escape to the adult only bar or if staying in the royal suites they have facilities in that section that can keep them occupied aswell and the adults had a good time (well we did anyway).

I would say to book if you like the hotel etc as when we went there was alot of children (we went late september last year) who were having fun and enjoying the entertainment etc.

We have booked to go to this one for the end of september aswell.

Danielle
Thanks for the reply just booked it !!!
Going out on the 20th September . Can't wait.
If you see 3 little girls Millie Rosie and Evie running amok that's us !
Thanks once again. ;)
good, have a nice time. we go 27th september so if you are there for two weeks, might see you!
Thanks for the help and yes you may well see us. I'll be the one gasping for a drink after a day of chasing the children around !
No seriously they are quite well behaved although it will be nice to get a sitter now and then and enjoy a nice meal or late drink !!
got a letter last week from firstchoice just saying that there will no longer be a night club on site, and that the name of the vip suites is being changed to royal deluxe rooms, and family suites to family rooms. Basically taken the word suites out. Assuming that's because the word suite gives the impressioin of seperate rooms.

L x
Am ready to book the 10th May for 2 weeks, but cannot seem to be able to upgrade room type. Any assistance with this anyone??
hi i had trouble when looking to book online and it was because i hadnt changed the original rom type to '0'and the upgraded type to '1' in the drop down menu that asks how many of each room you need. if you leave them both at one it will tell you that your party cannot be accomodated in your room choice.

if thats not the proble, sorry, can't help, try your local first choice. ours matched the internet price for us anyway
L x
hi all

have booked to go on the 20th july and i was a bit nervous about whether the
work would be done in time and have asked a friend who works for first choice
to check it out for me, will post their reply when i get it.
but after reading the comments on here am feeling a bit better.

darren :)
Well it seems the upgrade rooms are not available during our stay from the 10th May.. It most certainly is the allegra which is now showing pictures of the refurb though from a distance, and text details promoting the new facilities. Have booked today and were informed that indeed the nightclub will be closed.. Fine by us.. Also upgraded our seats on the flight as it was not too bad at all and was £40 to guarentee we sat together in coach anyways.. Booking direct with first choice saved us over £200, so that is defo recommended.. Happy travels to all.. Will post comments here when back May 25th for those of you curious who are travelling later in the year.. :pele :pele :pele :pele :pele
Hi
We are going to be arriving ur second week, so make sure you iron out all the niggles before we arrive lol :rofl

Did u not get ur room upgrade because they are not ready or are all booked, as we got one for the week of the 17th, and the website says there are still 9 left, could u not at least get one for ur second week, might be worth a try, if u want to get away from it all. :cheers

:sun2 c u there.
Nope did not get the upgrade room as not available.. Got the phone and fax number, so will see what can be done.. In case anyone wants these they are as follows.. Tel: 00529878729770 Fax: 00529878729792 . If anyone has an email for reservations or guest services it might be better for communication..
holiday advisor number i have is 08707500001.

Also if you are divers have you booked your free 10kgs of extra baggage? tel.08707572757. :)
  • Edited by johlaine 2008-03-13 22:18:56
Hi

Please don't use text style abbreviations as per the T&Cs of posting.

Thanks.

Pippy :)
we wanted to do a diving course at this resort when we go and we have never done diving before.

Does anyone know if its expensive?!
Have a look on divepalancar website, this is the dive school that the hotel uses you will find all the information that you need on there. :)
hi going to white sands on September 14 2008 phoned travel agent yes they say it will open in may should be new photos soon if any body going please say hi flying from Manchester booked the v ip suites what ever there name is now just got a letter off first choice so any news please let us know gaz50
:wave: Hi there going to white sands cozumel on May 11 flying from manchester first class and booked VIP suite all sounds ok so far let you know what its like!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.