Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
beaches
8 Posts
My favorite is Ashvem beach, about 30 - 40 mins away by taxi. We go about 3 times per week and usually end up at Golden Goa beach shack. All the taxi drivers in Arpora know this place as it is owned by Vijay who used to be a taxi driver in Arpora. The main thing is that Ashvem beach is quiet and has few sellers.
Morjim beach is quiet as well, and as a bonus you may see turtles hatching if you're really lucky :)
If you're upto a one hour drive north from Arpora (and half an hour further north Arambol), you should visit Kiri Beach..its the northern most beach in Goa and the probably quietest. Kiri beach had some wicked rave parties this new year, probably because its away from most of the authorities eyes and there are few locals around.
Hiya bagaddict is that near Tiracol fort?

jayne
Does Ashvem beach have any shops ON the beach?.
we have visited one north of baga, about 40mins, or so but this had only 2 beach shacks on it. One on either side of the pathway on to the beach.
really quiet with only about 20 sun loungers.
taxi was 600 rps (I think)
very, very peaceful, but never got the name.
Last year we went to another about 30 mins away that was not as quiet, this had 2 shops on the beach and also had beach shacks with brick built toilets and showers.
You could walk around the point of the beach to the North and there were some more shacks etc there.
we would prefer to go to the first, can anyone identify these from the descriptions?
del949
Hi Del,
Your preferred beach could possibly be Mandrem....about 40 mins north of Baga sounds about right. The second one sounds like Aswem??
Goldenflipflop
Many thanks, I'll check it out when we get there.
del949
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.