Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
beaches
10 Posts
Little Vagator is nice and not far from Baga. So, believe it or not is Anjuna beach. Not the bit as you go through Anjuna toward the sea, but nearer to where the market is on a Wednesday. We had a nice couple of days outside 'Curlies' on that beach. Half hour further, over the bridge to Ashvem, Mandrem etc and the beaches are much nicer and quieter.
cheers moles. I think i may have been to Ashvem beach before on my first visit to Goa in 2006. Could be wrong though. It was deserted. very very peacefull
We went to Avshvam last year and stayed a couple of night,it was lovely.
It was called Seaview(i think)was really impressed with the huts,very spacious hot shower,a real chillout place,run by a guy called Jack.
I can probably get more details if your interested.
sounds good manxcat but im afraid i cant see the wife ever staying in a beach hut. I would in a minute but she would lie awake all night nudging me every time she heard a noise outside :rofl How i ever got her to Goa in the first place i will never know but she loves it now, But a beach hut would be pushing my luck a little too far :cheers
We love Little Vagator and spend lots of days there by the rock carvings. We also stay for an evening meal and go to the restaurant that juts out like a balcony over the beach, can't remember the name of it but its at the top of the stairs by the 9Bar. The cocktails and sunsets are to die for.
We went to Mandrem beach and I reckon that takes some beating. Lovely and quiet. Drinks, snacks and meals all available
Sea Paradise at Mandrem for us every time. Great service, the lads really cannot do enough for you, the food is brilliant and you can stay over night in a hut if you want, which are lovely and clean, they even have an air conditioned one! Toilets are clean, which again is a top priority!
I agree Sea Paradise is fab Miccie :tup
We also love a trip down south to Utorda , now that is the largest , cleanest, quietest beach I have ever seen , set off early to beat the traffic, takes about 50 mins to get there
Yes BB, it was very quiet a few years ago. Now that the new bridge is there though, more tourists make the journey by cab, so the northern beaches now have a few more shacks, huts for rent etc, but are still much nicer than the tourist belt (BCC). When we used to go by the small ferry at Sliolim, it was much quieter. Thats progress.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.