Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi ..I have also stayed at the Ebru in Aug 03 and Aug04..Great isn't it!

Just could not get any dates up on the Sun set web site and was wondering if it was still going.....Going to Greece this year for a change... :lol: If you go to Ebru this year have a grea time.. :lol:
Thanks Julie, going 14-28 Aug, got a brilliant deal from Thomas Cook, they matched the online price in the shop. 8 of us going so we should have a great time. Happy hols to you also. :glynis

Jackie
Hi

gima and the point centre re opens today.
it is the taj mahal rest and back hair area tht has been knocked down and re built as another shopping centre.

sarah
great news!

we are staying at basils apartments so we will still be able to get our cheap lunches!! hubby was panicking that i was going to send him to tansas every other day :rofl

shame about the taj mahal though - have they just closed altogether or have they moved somewhere else??
i did hear when we were there in oct that it was the taj that was comming down as the owner of the rooms above had sold his land ,which is now the gima as that was were his apartments pool use to be ,you had to cross the road to use it ,not sure how true but could be right seeing as the taj as gone ,,glad the gima still there as the icecreams for 1lira in shopping precinct were gorgous and so many flavours to choose from :lol:
The Gima was actually the site or part of it where the swimming pool was that was attached to the hotel facing which was called the Corner Karacan hotel.

You had to leave your hotel next to the Taj Mahal restaurant and cross the road at the traffic lights with towels in hand then climb the steps above a little trinket shop to get to the pool which was elevated above ground level.

When this was demolished to make way for the Gima it was announced that the next part of the re-development would be the demolition of the hotel to make way for a new shopping centre though after the shock news of the no planning permission for the Gima (which now looks to have a stay of execution) I wonder was planning permission obtained for the Karacan site.

John
yes planning was obtained as long as it sticks within the new height regulation laws
which it is so far...
at the last Gima&Point Centre is opened today. i had tea there 1 hour ago.
That will keep the missus happy,and if she's happy then I'm happy :wink:
Roll on June 26
Is there anymore news on the Gima? fingers crossed it stays open
hi all, is there any news about the relocation of the taj mahal....or has the famous indian chef gone back to bradford... :lol: :lol: ..Gavin 8)
I hear that The Point Centre (gima) has been closed again :( Is it going to stay closed for the season or will it be opened again ??
was open last week when i was there
It is currently closed again, as to if it will reopen. Nobody knows, fingers crossed it will.
has it re opened yet any news stef
no news sorry

sarah
it is opened yesterday :!: Burger King will open a shop there .
Glad its re-opened, i like Gima
and i would also miss my daily cool down under the air c o n as you walk into the point centre :lol:

Loulou
Im off to the Ebru for the last 2 weeks in August - I hope its still open, Im really looking forward to some serious shopping!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.