Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
It's been 8 years since I was in Puerto Rico but we preferred the Europa (top one?) the bottom one was more for teenagers I felt.
You really cant go too far wrong booking by either. The Europa Centre is smaller and therefore regarded as more family orientated, but there is alot more choice at the lower commercial centre. Some bars catering for 18 30 type crowd, plenty of bars for families and lots of others beside. In addition it has more choice of restaurants, shops etc and has better access to public transport, and is easier to get to and from the beach. Have you got any hotels or apartments in mind yet?
no not yet, still at the browsing stage , looking for something clean and reasonably quiet at night, and that sleeps 5 of us in same accomadation , so any advice would be welcome.
look no further than the terrazamar.
Its down near the bottom center (commercial) and an easy walk. ;)
Hi,

We've just got back from a holiday in PR and really enjoyed it. I would say that if you don't want to stay somewhere too hectic then book a place up the top near to the Europa C.C. It's better placed (equidistant) in that a cab to the main resort in PR and to the far superior beach at Amadores will only cost 2.5 euros to either place and you should get a brilliant sea view if you book the right resort. It's generally a bit quieter in the Europa C.C area, but there's still a decent selection of bars and restaurants to be had. What I will say, though, is that you will find nothing here of interest in terms of Canarian culture, etc. It is 100% geared to mass tourism. However, if it's Sun, Sand, Sea etc that you want then this is a good place to find it- I've been 3 times now and have enjoyed every trip loads! Try and get the ferry from PR to Peurto Mogan for the day, too, it's a beautiful village but we thought the Friday market was overly hyped and very crowded!

Hope this helps,

Rob, Staffs, England. :) :)
We stayed in the Eden Apartments in November and had a great time

The Europa is far more a family place than the main centro commerciale which has got lots of bars and night clubs you can literally go out for a meal then
go to a bar then
go to a club then
Have breakfast in a beach front cafe

whereas Europa tends to start shutting down around midnight 2am

some pictures here but not got round to titles yet
http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/Spain/Puerto%20Rico/
thanks for all the info ,just waiting on cheap flights to go on sale for next summer then il start on the accomadation
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.