Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
have you read the members reviews in the crete section of the hotel review forum?

wizard
Hi
We went in may/june this year and realy enjoyed it. Have you tried Eclipse online as they can come out cheaper than First Choice. We also found that 4 adults and 1 child came out cheaper that 2 adults and 3 kids as you appear to get more discount. Glasgow flights seem to have the best flights as the supplements seem to be lower. Have a look at the reviews, the majority are good. The hotel is exceptionally clean, the rooms are nice, the pools are brilliant for the kids and the entertainment is ok. What made our holiday as grown ups were the kids clubs, we havnt had as much time together on our own since before the kids were born, suprised we didnt divorce!!
If you want any more info just ask away!!
supersox
Thanks for that,thats what i need a good kids club,and i hope that the wave lenght is good for my 11 year old..I have booked up today with first choice as the flight times are great .We hate getting up early thats why we like all inclusive as you can eat and drink at any time of the day,i wa salso wondering abount sunloungers what was the score with them ,oi it only if you are up at the crack of dawn you get a bed?
Hi
My kids were too young for the wavelength, but it was very popular. The sunlounger problem is the same were ever you go. If ou want a prime position, say next to the splashpool then you have to be up at the crack of dawn. If you are not too fussy then you find the odd couple of beds by late morning. You could usually find one on the beach if you were stuck. The hotel was full when we were there so I shouldnt imagine it could get any busier unless they get more locals during mid summer.
Supersox
Hi,

I am off to hotel petra mare tomorrow for a two week stay. Can anybody let me know if there is any dress policy enforced in the restaurant/bar areas? I am only planning on taking very casual clothes (i.e shorts t shirts) and am hoping that this wont create a fuss at the hotel.

Another one - pocket money for a faimly of four (2 adults/2 kids) - how much should I take? I am planning on taking about £600 worth of euros. Any ideas if this is enough/too much?? I am booked all inclusive.

Thanks

Julian
Hi
Not too strict on dress, just no beach wear allowed in restaurant for lunch or dinner. Shorts are fine for men and ladies. Snack bar by the pool has no dress code.
We spent around £300 for 5 of us, didnt realy buy much but went to Chrissi island which ate in to the funds and the usual icecreams for the kids. Some of the clubs activities are chargeable, they have chocolate parties and a pizza night which they order pizza in for. There are 3 cash machines in the town centre if you get stuck and the hotel shop happily take visa. Hope this helps!
Supersox
supersox,

thanks for the info. much appreciated.

Julian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.