Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Gold and Silver is sold by weight not by the item, depending what resort you are going to, it is much cheaper in Varna. if you need directions to a good Goldsmith just ask, a lot of my friends shop there also a family from Outskirts Varna shop there, it was they who showed me this place. Cheers Tonyt.
Hi i have bought quite a few items of jewellery in Bulgaria from rings to bracelets you pay by the weight .you get a better deal in Varna .You also get a a certificate of authentication on all purchases.It is 14carat gold.Some of the jewellers in the resort are good but like everthing else you have to shop about :ghug
Hi looby dont forget to have a look at the jewellery in Nessebar as there are some good shops there as well the same applies to Bourgas :?: :idea:
The last time I was in Sunny Beach was August 2001 and I bought a beautiful diamond cut crucifix from a small Jewellers across the road from the Kuban hotel. I think it cost me about £9 but the detail on it is absolutely amazing.

I also bought a small gold ring, which is plaited with silver on the top and three tiny diamonds in it, it is really unusual and only cost me £9 too.

I have worn them both every day since then, even have them on today and they are still in the condition you would expect from jewellery bought here. I don't think the jewellery is quite as cheap as in Turkey but it is still very good value.

Catherine x
Looby,

I also meant to say, please don't go with the expectations that Bulgaria will be like Turkey, its not, its a very different country.

I expected them to be both similar considering they're not really that far apart, but they're not, they're very different.

Keep an open mind and just enjoy yourself and you'll have a good holiday.

Catherine x
Hi,
Can anyone offer me some advise on buying jewellery in Bulgaria...Is jewellery any better value here, ie can you get more for you money?
I am thinking of buying an enagement ring and wondered if I could get more for my money here?
have a look at Wednesday 4th May you will find yours answers. Cheers Tonyt.
I was just wondering is there any where in Golden sands or Varna I could buy jewellery.I don't want fakes,I want to be able to buy from a reputable jeweler.Also does anyone know what prices are like compaired to the U.K?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.