Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I stayed in Crete in late September quite a few years ago and we visited Malia for the day. To be honest its very busy and nothing like Skala at all. Total opposite ends of the scale. It should be a little quieter but I should think the bars and clubs would still be going.

Sarah
Got back a week ago, didn't notice any clubs but wasn't looking, being uninterested.
All the bars apart from the music bars on the beach road play non-stop DVDs of 'Only Fools & Horses', Lee Evans, Peter Kay and 'Friends' unless there is football on, in which case they will show that.
We found a couple of good restaurants though, The Brasserie, which was just off the beach road opposite McDonalds (?!!) and one actually on the beach road called 'Europa'. There are a couple of 'pubs' and an Irish bar which were always pretty packed.
We love Chania and have been to Scala and have to admit, Malia came as a huge shock to the system, they just don't compare!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.