Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Katie,

As nobody has been to Sunny Beach this season (which has not yet started), any answers will be total guesswork.

Bulgaria joined the EU this January, so there *may* be more effective anti-piracy/counterfeiting measures in place this season. There were reports of fairly large quantities of counterfeit goods being seized from suppliers last year.

Baldur
I agree Baldur, there are a lot of things we cannot predict for this coming season as a result of EU entry.

I suspect the 'genuine counterfeit' designer market will be killed off. I don't know what it's like in other EU countries, except for France where it's a criminal offence to even possess.

Peter
You both missed the point guys: in small ladies sizes!!!!!! :wink:
IF as the guys say there are any available, you can be sure they will be small sizes.

Patka
yes Patka, time for another small diet if I want to fit in that one :whoops lol

*ahum if trainers are those clothes I have in mind or are you referring to shoes?? hahahhaha scusi have a blond moment..
Yes Tanny, trainers are shoes, its me having a blonde moment.

Clothes are always too small for me in Bulgarian resorts, but I do know a shop in Varna. Couldn't tell you where it was exactly just near the proper big market, not the stalls near the cathedral people think is the market.

Patka
I know the problem, they just fit me but that means also that I can't move in any directions that I want without having 'problems' :P

To go back to the shoes: Katie, normally they have adults & kids sizes. Just look around or ask for them..
Ladies, ladies, with great respect, there's not much point speculating on the matter at this time, because as Baldur and I have pointed out, no one knows what the situation will be with the fake market following EU entry.

It might not exist at all, there might not be any trainers for sale be they large or small.

Peter
thank you guys :D i will just have to wait and find out for myself.... i am not particularly looking for fake ones...just ones a bit cheaper than they sell for in the uk :D
thank u katie x
Hi Katie,

I suspect that the real articles are much more likely to be found in upmarket stores in the cities of Bourgas or Varna, rather than Sunny Beach, which is solely a tourist resort. :wink:

How much cheaper they would be (if at all, as they would be aimed at the relatively few Bulgarians who can be described as 'wealthy') I can't say.

For info: Ladies' shoe sizes (not for your required brands) in Metro Cash & Carry's online catalogue appear to be 25 - 47 - haven't a clue how those equate to UK sizes. :?

Baldur
Google it and hey presto - http://www.investbulgaria.com/bulgarianShoeSizes.htm

Suits you sir, or madam!

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.