Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
PRAZERES HOTEL
138 Posts
stopped there in november, only 4-5 months ago.

going back on monday, says it all for me really!
Trixxy one of the members on the forum is at the hotel right now ......scrumry 1......so when he gets back he will let you know .......I have made him promise he will tell me how it is good or bad I want to now ...im going to it in november .....fingers crossed...................colleen
Talking to some folk yesterday they are happy with the accom but not very pleased paying £5 each for breakfast tea/coffee bread roll and jam.

they got their money back
seems strange? all rooms are bed and continental breakfast included, that includes if you book direct with the hotel itself and not as part of a package.

someone was after a little backsheesh me thinks :D
oh really, I thought breakfast was included in the price and that you only had to pay extra for breakfast items other than the bread, butter and jam! I think from what ive heard, I wont be indulging in breakfast at the hotel. I'll be sticking to the beach shacks!! I was also wondering if anyone knew how much roughly a taxi would be from the airport to the Prazeres as even tho me and the boyf are nightowls we dont really want to be stuck above the bar which ive heard can be quite noisy so we were wanting to get to the hotel before all other so we had first dibs on rooms incase we are situated somewhere really noisy.
Just back from the Prazeres and really enjoyed my stay, we went with friends who have never been to Goa before and they said they would definitely go back to the Prazeres. The breakfast only consists of toast, jam, tea coffee and is free but if you want a full english then you can get one but obviously you will have to pay. We had a room in H block which is away from the bar and overlooks fields and is very quiet, the new apartments are in M block and look very nice. Our friends had a room overlooking the bar but had no trouble with noise etc. as I have heard some people compliain about. I'm sure you will have a great time at the Prazeres, it is a typical 2* Goan hotel with the usual friendly staff.
Cost of taxi should be 650-700 rps to Candolim.
Go to the prepaid office outside the main doors of the airport. You pay there and not bthe driver.
ah brilliant! Well thats good to hear! I'm sorry to sound like such a wuss but did you encounter any problems with rats or cockroaches at any times, I can handle many things but cockroaches send me overboard!! Also reading some of the threads on here some people are saying the beaches are becoming real dumping grounds, If this is a big problem now I dread to think what it may be like by the time I go. :(
Trixxy

I stayed there in November I posted a report on the hotel review page but if there's anything specific you want to know PM me.

Jules187
Well Jules, basically i'd like to know everything, dont even go for another year yet but im bursting to find out as much as I can. Just how close we are to nice beaches, the best shacks to visit, what rooms in the hotel were like and any lively nitespots you visited!
I've no gripes with the Prazeres, stayed there a couple of times in the past. Basic but clean large rooms, friendly staff and a good pool with attendant for those with kids. Bit of a stroll (500 mts) to the beach, but close to lots of good bars and restaurants.
As for rats and cockroaches, to be honest i've seen more in Med resorts than in Goa, but if you take into consideration that the UK has one rat per person (60,000,000) and if India has the same average then you are bound to bump into one now and again.
Funny little tale :- Rats were'nt my problem at the Prazeres.
My room had ground floor balcony overlooking the fields at the rear and dense foliage growing around the balustrade.
Being someone who early rises and loves his cup of coffee as the sun comes up, i used to wander onto the balcony every morning only to find, and i kid you not, it was like something out off Jurassic Park.
There where skulls of rodents and bits and bobs of other digested creatures.
Turns out the local friendy python had decided to use my balcony as a dining room. Quite enlightening really, made me feel like David Attenbrough and brought back memories of biology lessons.
Seriously though, and i was well narked, i lightheartedly mentioned it to one of the room boys and one evening i was presented with a rather stiff and quite dead 5ft python. Poor bugger never hurt anyone, guess the staff thought they where doing the tourists a favour.
Plus had it still been flexible, it would have made a lovely scarf for the missus. :lol:
Click Here to read or add a review of this hotel.

Last person to review the hotel was there in Dec 2006.
Trixxy we have stayed there it was great as for a taxi from the airport i have the mobile number for Bernard a cab driver based outside the hotel you can text him he wont rip you off one of the most trustworthy people i have ever met
OH MY GOD EDDIE!!!!! pythons, rats and cockroaches, what have I let myself in for? Rats scare me but snakes even more!!! Iam going to have make sure I drink coupius amounts on an evening so I dont wake up early and wander onto the balcony to a hungry python licking his lips when he sees my tasty leg!!!!
Whats your other leg like? :rofl
allan.
that was eaten on my last holiday to India by a ravenous cow!!
I never saw any rats on our trip although my OH did but it scurried away when it saw him (I didn't think he was that scary but the rat obviously did!), didn't see any snakes either.... We did see water buffalo, a kingfisher (not the beer either) and an otter from our balcony. We stayed in J block which was absolutely fine and well away from the pool, bar and reception areas. The hotel is fine for a base, it's basic but we had no quibbles with that as it's what we were expecting. The pool was kept clean and the sunbed guy was always there cleaning it and had plenty of dry towels.

It's about a 10 minute walk to the main road where all the restaurants are and about 15-20 minutes to the beach but it's very straight forward. The only part we didn't like at the hotel was the food - see my comments on the hotel review site but there are plenty of places to eat nearby. Our personal favourites were a great Italian restaurant in Calangute/Baga called The Scirocco Bar which is attached to the Sunshine Beach Resort, the food was to die for and the portions huge! And in Candolim itself Casa Sea Shell (good for breakfast too), The Stone House and Gato Loco, didn't have any stomach problems at any of these places...

We found the taxis outside the hotel to be quite expensive, we usually walked down to the main road to get one and knocked 200 rups off the price by doing so!!

We also used a taxi driver to pick us up from the airport so were at the hotel before everyone else! I can PM his details if you want them, Irish Colleen who also uses this site has used him too. We used him to go to Anjuna market too which was a fraction of the price the tours charge. And he recommended a dentist and took us there when my boyfriend broke his tooth!

My suggestion is that because you've got plenty of time scour this forum for tips and advice which is what I did, we saved a packet, I'm confident we didn't get ripped off and we had a great holiday that we'll never forget.

Hope this helps.

Jules
due to arrive on saturdaylet u allknow anyone else going sat
We did see water buffalo, a kingfisher (not the beer either) and an otter from our balcony.

That otter was probably a mongoose and their main food source is snakes. :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.