EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
pre move panic
27 Posts
Hi Sarah

sorry to hear what happened. A very good friend of mine died a couple of weeks ago as well.

Glad to hear Redferns were helpful,but international moving is expensive, and if as you say you have nothing of any real value then buying new in Malta makes sense - most things are similar prices to the UK. Also, what you would want furniture wise is probably different in Malta than the UK. Bear in mind that if you bring alot of stuff with you, airlines have become very strict on charging for excess luggage in the last year or so - I think £5-8/kilo to Malta on anything over 20kg pp. We got friends to bring out stuff when they visited ! vSomething else - AirMalta allow you to book single tickets now for half the price of a return (ie you don't need to purchase a return ticket, as you probably won't know when you would use the return portion)
Hello Sarah,
Hope your move goes well. Have you thought of shipping over a container with your goods in. I'm pretty sure it will be a lot less then £3000.00.
we did it by container - a 40ft one - and total cost was around £5000 incl insurance, UK to Malta, and that was the cheapest of four quotes - I'm fairly sure that Sarah's quote was by container - what you might be able to do if you only want to move a few things is share a container ?
Hi everyone, Thats right, the quotes were for a 20ft container.We had quotes from 7 different companies and averaged about £3000.
We had a great quote from a man with 'worldwide removals' who found a company who would ship over a wooden crate approx 10ft which would hold boxes of clothes,toys,a sofa and smaller items and that was £1,700. I thought that was more than fair, as like you say Gozomark, prices in Malta are same as UK, so whats the point!
I wish it werent so complicated, but I will get there sooner or later!!
Sorry about your friend Mark. xx :(
Hi all,
my daughter, her partner and my 2 grandsons are due to move to costa del sol within the next few weeks. I don't know about her have pre-panic nerves but i know i am. we had a house built east of malaga in a place called Arenas. We planned to move out but i keep finding reasons why we cannot go. My daughter on the other hand has sold her house and ready to move. I do think if you keep putting off the move you could end up not going at all. It would be nice to hear of anyone planning on moving east of malaga. All the best to all of you in the process of moving.
Donna :lol:
Sarah,
How's things? We haven't heard from you for a while.
I was job hunting and saw this vacancy - thought you might be interested.
http://www.etc.gov.mt/vacancy/vacancy_view.aspx?id=112096&formAction=init&backUrl=vacancy_search.aspx
You mentioned you would consider doing mobile hairdressing at one point, I don't supose you also do special occasion make-up too? I was talking to a girl who recently got married and her, her mum and bridesmaids were charged Lm7 each for make-up at their home. You could combine hairdressing and make-up in one visit.
Best of luck.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.