Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi There, firstly this hotel is not even slightly "poor" it is a very nice 4 star spar hotel in a great place with superb views of the sea, there has been some building work outside the hotel for a few years now, when we were last there in February there was still a crane outside the hotel, however, I don't know how intrusive this is if at all, if it makes you feel any better I haven't heard any comments about it, or experienced any excessive noise whenever passing or being close by.
We have stayed at the Preluna and although it is not a top hotel it is reasonable and decent and perfectly acceptable. We tend only to stay in 4 and 5 star hotels. In many places abroad the hotels ratings do not match standards at home and this can cause problems (saying that I have stayed in some real 4 star dumps in the UK). The Preluna is probably a good 3 star property.

The position of the hotel is excellent and the staff that I have encountered and very helpfull.

I am aware that some rooms have been refurbished and some had not been on our last visit. It may be worth checking whether your room has been.

It also makes a difference if you have a room at the front with sea views. I would not like to stay in rooms at the back of the hotel facing other buildings.

The Westin, Intercontinental and Hilton are all much better hotels but would probably cost considerably more.

Their is a hotel called the Waterfront just across the road from the Preluna that gets really good feed back but I don't know what this would cost.

We visit Malta pretty much every year and you will very rarely stay anywhere on the island that is not quite close to building work. Pretty much any built up area has constant development.
Hi....ive recently come back from working in Malta and the Preluna was a hotel i visited. IT most definalty is a 4 star if you want a sea view room you may have to book and pay for that view.
There is building work all over malta but it shouldnt afect your holiday. The people are lovely.
Is the Waterfront hotel really across from the Preluna, I'm totally confused. I thought it was on the other promenade, isn't Preluna on Tower Road, and Waterfront's at Sliema Ferries?

As someone said, ratings do vary. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Sliema and although it was supposed to be 5* and wasn't really, it was still fine. We started in a bad room that must have had a leak, got moved, but had an awful view (building work), however I think a lot of Malta is like that (dusty etc) but I don't think it actually 'ruined' our holiday or anything.

Preluna is right at the bus stop which is handy! We loved Valetta.
The Waterfront is at Sliema Ferries at the very far end entering Gzira.The only thing opposite The Preluna is the Prom and lots of sea and as Lesley said its on Tower Road.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.