Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Have you spoken with them?

fwh
fwh

First thing tomorrow. Have only just been able to check room availability on the internet with Thomas Cook holidays and was waiting to hear from the hotel.

Caroline
Why didn't you just book with Thomas Cook ??
Some people use the internet for info only, not everyone is happy to enter their bank details on the net. I do but my mother would never dream of doing it, maybe this is why the booking was made at Going Places.
You can go into a Thomas Cook store and book from there -- after all it's there holiday so they are going to sell it to you cheaper...

Using Going Places to book a Thomas Cook holiday works out more expensive as they add their commission on as well.
Going Places are now owned by Thomas Cook!
They may go under the same name -- but Thomas Cook has the cheaper prices.

Thomas Cook also own MyTravel, Direct Holidays & Airtours..... but out of all them Thomas Cook are still the cheapest
I was trying to be clever! Learned my lesson. Going places wanted to charge £150 for the upgrade to the family room (also suggested there would be an ammendment charge as well!). Rang the hotel in the end and they were very helpful. Told me that we could upgrade to a family room and that there would be no charge! Fantastic. Carlos (at the hotel) was so helpful, informing me there were kettles to hire and acutally asking which type of family room I would prefer. Just hope I am not disappointed when we get there.
(Why didn't I book online? just old fashioned and like to deal with a person, although have booked with Direct Hols for Feb 08 online.)
Thanks for the comments.
Caroline.
Just a quick one, with regards to the "Thomas Cook are the cheapest" quote..

I work for Going Places and have also worked for Thomson and an large Independant, and I have always found Airtours to be very competative.

With the MT and TC merger, it no longer makes any difference to which division of the company any holiday within the group is booked, the margins and discounts are all the same. Trust me! :D
So why is it then that THOMAS COOK, MYTRAVEL, AIRTOURS & DIRECT HOLIDAYS (Which are all the same company) all go to the same hotel in the Dominican Republic on the same day, but there is a difference of price between them all of anything between £150
lol.. Im not disputing the prices offered by tour operator's, which, as we all know vary!! With, I suspect Direct Holidays being the cheapest?

I am refering to the Retail divisions of The Thomas Cook Group, ie the travel agencys, of whom will always be able to price match and in most cases better the prices, so to conclude, Both Thomas Cook and the remaining Going Places stores all work on the same margins.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.